Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Duty Software

I'm currently using Eric Bradley's FLTDUTY XLS (ver 2.01) and it has most of the functionality that I need (702/703 rotary-wing operation); however, it seems a little dated (can't back up to anything other than the A:\ drive, no automatic calculation of days off last 42, etc...). I also maintain a "hand-raulic" version but the math can be quite taxing at times... :blink:

Despite TC apparently distancing themselves from supporting the use of electronic flight duty software, what are people using these days in the field on their laptops and/or PDAs to calculate their flight duty times? Google searches leave me empty handed.

• 3 months later...

The current version of FLTDUTY XLS is 2.05 which came about as a result of CBAAC 0241 suggesting more restrictive limits for rest options in 704/705 operations as per TC enfocement guidelines. I incorporated these additions (after briefly trying suggest they were above and beyond the actual CARs and Standards as written) and have issued a notification to all registered FLTDUTY XLS users. Most have received the updated version through download or replacement CD ROM.

The backup feature in the current version includes Export to any writable medium destination and includes the pilot profile information as well as the option to export the custom label format to keep multiple copies of the software in house with identical field structure.

There is still no 42 day "days off" display but the information can be taken from a 42 day table generated in the usual way.

For more information, contact me at castleb@nbnet.nb.ca. Sorry, no web page yet....