Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Crash In Penticton

I got to ground school tonight and was immediately asked if I had known about the plane crash, I didnt so heres what I know:

A small single engine GA aircraft went down while climbing up and over the mountains to the west (Apex and area) a few moments ago the cormorant helicopter showed up at the airport, the incident was at apprx 5-5:15 and to my knowledge the occupant(s) are all alive thanks to the quick response of either penticton s&r or the RCMP

More to come. Cole

442 Sqn Comox Buffalo and Cormorant responded. Two SAR techs jumped into the trees from the Buffalo. Looked after the seriously injured. All were hoisted aboard the Cormorant and medevaced to Penticton.

Cormorant stayed back to respond to the houseboat tip-over at Kelowna.

Buffalo came home at midnight and then launched early a.m. with another Cormorant to hoist a patient off a boat 160 nm off-shore and transfer to hospital.

We call it the SAR silly season.

Thanks for the info... saw the comorant leave, the boat story I can elaborate on... it was someones birthday, when everyone ran upstairs to surprise the birthday person it got top heavy and fell over

Cole B)

They are saying on the news that there were 60 people on a 30 people boat. Small wonder why it was top heavy. :shock:

Drinking people get stupid, but now there trying to blame it on the design of the boat. :down:

Another case of nobody is responsibile I guess... :angry:

They are saying on the news that there were 60 people on a 30 people boat. Small wonder why it was top heavy. :shock:

Drinking people get stupid, but now there trying to blame it on the design of the boat. :down:

Another case of nobody is responsibile I guess... :angry:

Unfortunately, some family member will try to sue the boat manufacturer for no legitimate reason.

The American way.

RH

Rented houseboats don't always come with a crew and drinking people do indeed tend to get stoopit. :rolleyes:

About those unfortunate revelers who took to the water unexpectedly at Kelowna. Were they sue-happy Americanos? :shock:

You know, the kind who wouldn't have a foot to stand on in court if the boat's rules/regs/weight limitations/usage guidelines were clearly posted by the boat manufacturer and most likely reviewed with the lessor by the boat's owner (assuming it was rented), too? Just curious. :)

Regardless of country of origin, hoping all were scooped up safely and KUDOS to all of you involved in the SAR silly season, and year-round, for that matter. You're awesome! :up:

• 1 month later...

They were all locals and it is a tradition in kelowna to rent a house boat for someones 19. If you had a chance to see/hear the home video they made you clearly hear some clown on the boat says everyone to the left side!

So if they plan on making a case of this i think that ship has sailed.....actually it didn't :oops: