Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The state of the industry..

11 hours ago, helimat said:

Some operators will look at this as an opportunity to get people who are desperate for work to move to the sticks, so they don't have to shell out for flights etc

Like the operator in Fort Mac that demanded just that only to lay everyone off after signing year long leases? I'll get on the old CERB before I'd even think of moving for this industry unless it was somewhere I really wanted to be. To each their own though. This just doesn't excite me anymore and I'm really glad in the past I said no.

Just another cycle.  Good operators have put aside some $ for a rainy day. Mediocre operators are scrambling, refinancing, and laying off. Crap operators are.....well you know....going broke, fudging logbooks, neglecting maintenance, not paying their bills.  The sounds are different but the song remains the same. Be interesting to see how spring 2021 looks after Heli-skiing falls flat this year. Good luck all.

4 hours ago, Pool pilot said:

To all you low time pilots.

If you find someone fudging the logbook or skipping maintenance. 

WALK AWAY, YOUR LIFE IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN FLYING WITH TIMEXED PARTS OR MAINTENANCE THAT IS NOT DONE BY A SHADY OPERATOR. 

Or operators who fudge numbers on pay, try to hold money hostage in exchange for training or withhold because 'training you costs us more than that'... right, opportunity is so rare for low time that you don't usually get to choose.