Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

VMC flight into IMC

Norm

4 hours ago, Purple_head said:

I’d rather push the weather and get the guys on the hill, than have to share the internet with them all day.

I’d love to know your training and employment history. I suspect it doesn’t go very far back.

I’ve done My share of logging support and coastal flying. Not gonna throw stones at that particular pilot. Like everyone on here I don’t know the particular circumstances he was faced with that day. Can’t say I haven’t been there myself. Not to mention what the camera shows and what the pilot is seeing can be two different things.

Been around long enough to know there will always be the hero’s flying below half mile and companies that condone it and customers that demand it. It’ll work until it doesn’t. The suits in London are getting pretty tired of paying for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Purple_head said:

Big D?

Must be more like Little D if you can’t muster up the courage to say no to a client.

Dont worry we won’t work together, I don’t do scenic tours.

I can't imagine your scenic tours would be all that great anyways. Not much to see in that weather.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Purple_head said:

83 what is that the year you should have retired?

Why don’t you continue on drooling in front of your daily Matlock re-runs and let us relevant folks have a conversation.

I do remember matlock, vaguely I was quite young when them reruns were on, I always preferred Magnum PI to be honest he smashed lots of a$$!  Anyways you seem like a bright individual and who am I to judge? Seems like you’ve got a great character and even better customer service skills, it’ll probably come in handy working at the Telus call center. 

• Haha 1

Can’t remember my last scenic flight. I don’t have a problem saying no to a customer. That’s the difference between a pilot with experience and a low timer. None of us get paid enough for pushing weather. I especially don’t push weather to get my clients out into the bush. It’s just a job. Your not special because you can fly below weather minimums.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Purple_head said:

Nwbc: never been to the east, bc born and bred. Heard the Newfie steak is great though.

Actuality: no rum and eggnog for me. Dairy gives me the farts. Just fed up with the actuality of how lame all you old culls on this forum are. Better spit roast this pilot and report him to transport for doing his day to day job, because somebody was stupid enough to put it on the internet.

freck: that first beer is probably so memorable because it diluted the taste of your uncles gooch.

shakey: I remember you from fires in 2003. I didn’t think anyone could be worse on a line but there you were in 2004, Still slowing down the circuit.

pilot83: Smashed A$$ sounds like the name of your sex tape bud. let’s leave the kind folks at the Telus call centre out of this. I’m sure they’re tired of you calling ‘just to chat’

Took 6 beer to get that taste out.

16 minutes ago, bigD said:

Can’t remember my last scenic flight. I don’t have a problem saying no to a customer. That’s the difference between a pilot with experience and a low timer. None of us get paid enough for pushing weather. I especially don’t push weather to get my clients out into the bush. It’s just a job. Your not special because you can fly below weather minimums.

I’m not special (sarcasm) but you’re definitely the special cause of that cleft palate (no sarcasm).

28 minutes ago, Purple_head said:

Nwbc: never been to the east, bc born and bred. Heard the Newfie steak is great though.

Actuality: no rum and eggnog for me. Dairy gives me the farts. Just fed up with the actuality of how lame all you old culls on this forum are. Better spit roast this pilot and report him to transport for doing his day to day job, because somebody was stupid enough to put it on the internet.

freck: that first beer is probably so memorable because it diluted the taste of your uncles gooch.

shakey: I remember you from fires in 2003. I didn’t think anyone could be worse on a line but there you were in 2004, Still slowing down the circuit.

pilot83: Smashed A$$ sounds like the name of your sex tape bud. let’s leave the kind folks at the Telus call centre out of this. I’m sure they’re tired of you calling ‘just to chat’

Hahahaha gooches and call centres go hand in hand, however just to touch on the slow on the line comment.  Last time I checked I get paid by the hour not the bucket.  I’ll take my time too it’s called job security but like I mentioned in my previous comment you seem like a pretty on point individual.  You keep dropping them loads fast, I’m sure you get that quality from a prominent female parental figure.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Purple_head said:

They’re just loggers. Nobody will miss them.

Well us dusty old pilots know you are so wrong about this as I personally have attended to many funerals of loggers.

Please do tell us your real name as we will watch the remembrance wall and all of us dusty old pilots will be saying "Called it" when your name shows up on the wall. We will know before hand as you will be in the news so that your 15 minutes of fame will be used in the teaching of how pilots should not fly.

In the big picture you will save many pilots and lives of passengers with your stupidity.

So if you want to go out and fly the loggers that no one will miss my bet is you are to scare to put your real name here.

Because if you do you purple_head pilot they will never fly with you again 

My final advice for you is to loosen your Grip while watching the internet and the colour will go from purple to pink from what I have heard.

I am 32yrs Accident free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pool pilot said:

Well us dusty old pilots know you are so wrong about this as I personally have attended to many funerals of loggers.

Please do tell us your real name as we will watch the remembrance wall and all of us dusty old pilots will be saying "Called it" when your name shows up on the wall. We will know before hand as you will be in the news so that your 15 minutes of fame will be used in the teaching of how pilots should not fly.

In the big picture you will save many pilots and lives of passengers with your stupidity.

So if you want to go out and fly the loggers that no one will miss my bet is you are to scare to put your real name here.

Because if you do you purple_head pilot they will never fly with you again 

My final advice for you is to loosen your Grip while watching the internet and the colour will go from purple to pink from what I have heard.

I am 32yrs Accident free.

Well said.