Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contract Pilot Rates

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Andy.....well said :up:

I agree totally, but possibly if you are getting a decent rate for your helicopter you would not have salary problems. money left over in the budget for training up coming pilots and sending ame's on courses, etc, etc.

Budgeting for disaster or near disaster never works.

I used to work for a company where we figured out all our cost's and added on 15% for overhead and profit and then figured out what the hourly rate was with minimums and that would be our bid on any contract.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

Why do you think CHC got out of the local market and went off-shore???

Basically to get a decent return on the dollar invested.

Someday the operators in Canada will see the light.

This of course is my humble opinion as I no longer work in the industry.

Cheers, Don

PS: If I had my druthers the best place to fly is Africa, onshore that is, 300 days a year CAVU and no tax if you work it right. (Single of course)

Well said Flydock,

I couldnt agree with you more. I too have braved the winters here and enjoyed every minute of it. I now have the luxury of choice and it is through the knowledge and experience I have gained here in Canada that allows me that choice. I always cringe when fellow Australians get on here and spout off about how big their balls are. You do no one any favours. Especially for those who carry the flag all year round. Enough said.

FF