Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lookin' For A P/n

Skidz

Ok !

Bullet R, got the plugs you sent me yesterday. Unfortunately, they weren't the right ones. Fortunately though, I was able to trade them for the right one at a "large avionics shop" here in Langley. I still owe the guy a couple dozen doughnuts to go with that though... :P

The correct Cannon part number for the male plug kit is the following:

MS3106F16-11P

post-33-1154224547_thumb.jpg

Here is a link to the part datasheet on ITT Cannon's site:

http://www.ittcannon.com/products/datashee...N=ms3106f16-11p

When I went to the local electronics shop, I found a voltage regulator IC that will take up to 40 VDC and output 12 VDC. I'm going to find a way to solder these in the automotive 12V sockets...

This voltage regulator is a 7812C. Looks like this:

post-33-1154225200_thumb.jpeg

Once I'm done making my octopus, I'll post some pics... :up:

TA DA !

Well, I finally completed my little project. Managed to do it without losing any skin too ! :up:

Here are a few pics of the finished product (My audio cable is in there too. That was last year's project :lol: ):

post-49-1154231638_thumb.jpg

post-49-1154231825_thumb.jpg

post-49-1154236804_thumb.jpg

post-49-1154231658_thumb.jpg

post-49-1154231681_thumb.jpg

post-49-1154236817_thumb.jpg

Basically, the Aux plug gets 24-28 VDC from the a/c. In the junction box, I left one output port at 28VDC 'cause that's what the ANR p/s needs. The three other outputs are regulated to 12 VDC by the 7812 ICs. I made three cables with automotive power receptacles. The ANR p/s filters and regulates output to 9 VDC. I made it this way 'cause I didn't want to have a bunch of power receptacles when I don't need them.

I think my next project will be to make a kit where to power supply for my ANR will be integrated into the juction box. I would make a PCB for the voltage regulators to save space. I would also try to source connectors with screw-type fastners (like the one you see on the ANR p/s output).

All I've got to do now is patent the thing, have them mass-produced in China and get rich... B)

Guest Bullet Remington

[

Well, I finally completed my little project. Managed to do it without losing any skin too ! :up:

Skidz:

Amazing! No skin loss? No burns?? And UR braggin??? <_<

Geez, man, U'll never make it as a ConeHead without a couple of burns, scraps, skinned knuckles, cracked head, black eye, and at least one bad hang over!! B)

Guest Bullet Remington

Roscoe:

Geez, Bye, I dunno!

Skidz being an ex-pongo and all, plus that heritage of his. Give him a Cod Tongue in a kiss, he just might like it!! :rolleyes:

I used to spend alot of time in La Belle province, and everytime I go there, not only do they shake my hand, they kiss me on both cheeks! Think I'm starting to kinda like it! :shock: Don't get that kinda welcome at home fer Kripes sake! :wacko:

Think I'll pass on the tongue thingy. Might have to Screech the bugger in though!! :up:

Now I'll definitly side with "The King" though. Could definitly go for one honkin feed of Cod tongues and jowls right about now!! :up: :up: