Bell 47 Mod

Hi everyone…long time no type!

Just have a question for you old fellers out there. I just recently heard about a Bell 47 mod where the stab bar is removed. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I can’t remember the particular model. What replaced the function of the stab bar? One person told me it must not have been needed if it wasn’t there….well that is what the guy who flew it told me, but I think I should get some more opinions. I know I am in the right spot for those.

Sorry about the “old feller” part. I like you old fellers more than I like the “young fellers”….mostly ‘cause the “old fellers” know how to say “I don’t know” if they don’t know something rather than try to BS their way through….but I will leave that for another thread/rant.

Thanks, you old farts.

Apprentice :huh:

The "no bar" kit is made by Texas Helicopter Corp. and the kit is to reduce weight and make the controls more responsive. All my 47 time (flyin' & fixin') has been with a stab bar so I don't have any actual experience working with one. It reduces the weight by about 30 lbs and I hear the controls end up being similar to a Jet Ranger as far as sensitvity. As far as the Soloy thing, I've got no idea if its a requirement but I thought the last time I saw a NMH Soloy 47 it had a stab bar.

When I was in Australia, I noticed none of the McDermott soloy's had a no stab bars . I never asked why cause I didn't really care ,but i assume that they want better handling for crop spraying.

So fricken apprentice , how is yellowknife treating you ? learning lots ?

become a true canadian yet ? lol

have a good one up there.

Hey pica

Things are good in Yellowknife. I am actually in "camp" right now....if you want to call it a camp. We have internet and tv, and unlike the last camp I was in, we don't have to poop through a hole in plywood padded with blue foam, while your giggleberries get frost bitten. I'm getting really fat here too. And somehow the girls are better looking now than they were 4 weeks ago when I got here. Next I am off to Norman Wells I think.

Talk to you guys later.

Apprentice :huh: