Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Paint

flying1499

troll or not, everyone starts on a forum at some point.

paint doesnt help you fly either FYI

specifically are you referring to the finish paint? like whether its a pretty blue helicopter, or a bad *** black one? I personally have a soft spot for yellow ones.

Its all covered in the aircraft manufacturers documents. I dont  feel that TC needs to micro manage the color you paint your helicopter as long as you follow the manufacturers recommendations for initial application and repairs during its life. Airbus specifies all of this in the MTC's. TC has already approved the aircraft for flight in Canada, regardless of the paint scheme. I am pretty sure all aircraft take their first flights in primer only. I'm making an assumption this is how they are birthed and certified. I dont know that process, so I'm just guessing 

if your talking about rotor blades or components paint most of that is also covered in the manufacturers documents as well

Maybe you have severe OCD and the paint chips are bothering you? Talk to your maintenance staff and let them get our a brush and touch it up till you're satisfied?? 

so then, can you elaborate on what your beef with TC and the connection to the paint is?

you can leave the bottle on the table for awhile while you find your words of you need to.