Highland Helicopters shutting down?

On 1/2/2021 at 12:51 AM, TheReaper2.0 said:

I just heard they hired contractors to fly some of their machines around to park them rather than having their employees do it who are still technically employed til Jan 4.  Pretty f@cking shady to me, they have money to pay contractors and not their employees severance!  Pretty disgusting.

Maybe some pilots didn't want to non-rev aircraft at Christmas.  Then get a Covid airliner home. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greed is what it took to shut down this company! Greed from ownership!  Lots of good people lost their jobs because the owners own greed and untrustworthy petty family issues.  I know a few people at

End of an ERA is an understatement, 61 years in operation, and yes Highland did set a standard in this industry. Highland had employees that would go above and beyond, to a point you would swear they

As a now former employee of HHL, thanks for the kind words. I only lasted 7.5 years at Highland, but there were some of the best of my career. Very good, professional coworkers. Friends. It’s sad to s

End of an ERA is an understatement, 61 years in operation, and yes Highland did set a standard in this industry. Highland had employees that would go above and beyond, to a point you would swear they had part ownership in the company, but they did not. People who stayed loyal and worked their ***** off for over 30 years with the same company! People who risked their lives daily operating in general, and especially operating throughout this pandemic.

Highland took 2020 like a champ and made honey out of dogshit the entire year strictly due to the good hard working, loyal people within the company, then in the final moment greed took over and the rug was pulled by the owners. 

I can personally attest to 90% of the employees within Highland to being excellent, top notch aviation professionals, and I wish them all the best in their futures, and I hope if anyone on this forum ever has an opportunity to employee or work with one of these individuals they realize it would be one of the best things they could ever do for themselves/company.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
23 minutes ago, 212wrench said:

Absolutely nothing to do with it! I heard the company made over 5 million profit after all said and done.  Just greed is what it took for this company to close shop.

As a now former employee of HHL, thanks for the kind words. I only lasted 7.5 years at Highland, but there were some of the best of my career. Very good, professional coworkers. Friends. It’s sad to see it all go, but as one door shuts, 5 more open. Here’s to Onward and upward. 🍺 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:26 PM, Wrench12345 said:

End of an ERA is an understatement, 61 years in operation, and yes Highland did set a standard in this industry. Highland had employees that would go above and beyond, to a point you would swear they had part ownership in the company, but they did not. People who stayed loyal and worked their ***** off for over 30 years with the same company! People who risked their lives daily operating in general, and especially operating throughout this pandemic.

Highland took 2020 like a champ and made honey out of dogshit the entire year strictly due to the good hard working, loyal people within the company, then in the final moment greed took over and the rug was pulled by the owners. 

I can personally attest to 90% of the employees within Highland to being excellent, top notch aviation professionals, and I wish them all the best in their futures, and I hope if anyone on this forum ever has an opportunity to employee or work with one of these individuals they realize it would be one of the best things they could ever do for themselves/company.

• Like 5
On 1/12/2021 at 6:42 PM, Toughtimes said:

Absolutely nothing to do with it! I heard the company made over 5 million profit after all said and done.  Just greed is what it took for this company to close shop.

The business world is dog eat dog especially in a strained industry like Canadian vertical flight.  I don’t think this was a surprised to most given the circumstances.  5 million would be a good start to what they’ll have to spend closing up the company if that’s true.