Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Kmax Sighting

Just spotted a K-Max at about 1500' on a heading of ~300 a couple minutes ago over Coquitlam. It caught my attention because of the strange rotor-slap. Sounded almost like when a Japanese chef sharpens his knives... :huh:

Pretty slow mover too. Didn't quite have time to get my binos out, but got a good look at 'er... :)

I'm assuming its Heliqwest's machine heading back to Courtnay...

You might note I said it was on its way back to Courtnay. Mebbe that's 'cause I was already there and banged on that particular door before ? :P

I'm actually working right now in Langley. Finally found someone who took pity on me... :lol: Prepping an S61 that was sold to Contruction Helicopters in Michigan. Good thing I ain't scared of heights ! :shock:

:) Glad to see some of those tips paid off Skidz.....speaking of Courtenay, I'm back on shift tomorrow over in Nanaimo. If you come back my way let me know, if not ,I'll stop out in ynj to see how it's going....oh yea, and perhaps a "couple" of cool one's will be in order :shock: ..... :up:

No problem there Helilog. Noticed your bday is coming up. Mebbe I can wrestle up some cake for you too. And a stripper or two for dessert... :P

Btw, not so sure you wanna come out this way. The neighbors are still looking for a driver for that Screamin' Mimi... You might want to wear a hat and sunglasses... :lol: