Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Crash On 100th Birthday

This crash made it to the Calgary Herald, what ridiculous crap!!!!

It is so strange the fixation with aviation crashes when there are ten times the stupid car crashes in one city in a day than happen in aviation in a week yet blah blah blah somebody ran into a tree and light pole with a helicopter. He was overloaded and didn't have enough power,,,wow, I bet even the 100 yr old dude in the back figured that out.

Did you know that a trucker while attempting to avoid pedestrians and people in cars rubberknecking at the Red Deer River made the ultimate choice and drove his rig over the side of the bridge and is presumed dead. Wow heroism and stupidism in one story,,,whooie.

We all know that oil is at an all time high, 59 and change per barrell, did anyone notice how many big oil companies came to the rescue of Albertans with cats and vacuum trucks, to my knowledge a big fat f### all. See the news in drumheller and you will see the local construction companies and anyone with a cat/truck hauled dirt, one guy on tv hadn't been home for almost two days. I live in an oil town supposedly filled the likes of oil folk yet I counted two local vacuum trucks working, guess shell and such were too busy making money to spare sending them to help "john q public" pump out basements. AFS was sending out pumps like crazy and has dispatched people to help,,,but I gues they are the government and expected to help. But am sure their pr people will catch on that they can get more kudos for helping clean up after the fact that by issuing airmiles and advertising V-Power fuel, so will hopefully see them spending some of that cash they rake in by helping the people that do the dirty work for them.

Local news I know and lots going on around the world.

Done venting now;

sc

I may be out in left field but I haven't ruled out the possibility that the pilot may have advised the passenger(s) something like: "Alright then.....there you go. Our first officer will help you out your window while I write up your receipt for one tenth."

On another note, you have to wonder if Parkview Blvd is a common departure route for this aerodrome? Was he trying to obey the playground zone speed sign behind the tree on the right??? There is a car following the departure and pedestrians clearing the intersection ahead.