Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Coulson Buying Jayrow?

Brame - Check your PMs.

Was told that Wildcat are supplying most of the pilots for the three 212s that they are sending to Australia for the fire season. One's going to Hobart, one to Canberra and one to Sydney.

If you are interested in maybe going downunder then contact Ian Wilson at Wildcat and copy info to Sam Borg at Heli Aust: sam@heliaust.com.au

Might see some of you down this way closer to Xmas.

Heli Ops

P.S. They are working on the roster now so would expedite your contact with them if you are interested.

I doubt that they would send Ian or tyler, so much those guys do here. we are talking about wildcat from westbank (formerly penticton ;) ) correct?

so they would actually load up 212s and send them down?

Cole B)

Cole - Yes they will prob airfreight them down. Heli Aust have three out of five of Wildcats 212s coming down this way.

National Helicopters had one of their 212s down here last season and I think the company Picapart works for also had a machine down here.

Cheers

Heli Ops

We currently have two VFR twin engine Bell 212's, and one Bell 206 LR, equipped with a full compliment of shoulder harnesses, pulse lights, VHF radio, FM radio, UHF radio, low band FM radio, and GPS.

Wildcat page

But when they had that 407 they didnt mention it in there

Cole B)

Not sure about that, all I can tell you is when I spoke to Sam at Heli Aust he said they had the choice of three out of five that Wildcat own. Who knows maybe they have them out on lease with another operator.

Heli Ops

They were on a different type of contract. There contract was to protect Melborne watershed area. I'm not sure if they are going back. The other contracts were federal I do believe. I worked on those contracts for the last two years and I won't miss the politics I'll be more than happy to go back on spec and thats about it .