Transport Canada Medical

I had the ablation procedure done ten years ago. No problems since. I had an asymptomatic Afib, so the CAME would refuse to sign off if my ticker was jumping around during my medical exam. I had to jump through the hoops to pinpoint the problem, which fortunately was not serious, then was given three choices: do nothing, treat with medication, or have the ablation. I didn’t want to have to deal with the issue during every TC medical so I had the ablation procedure done, which completely solved the problem. On blood thinners for 90 days. No flying for 30 days. No issues since, so it was the right choice for me. You should know that in a fairly high percentage of cases, the ablation procedure isn’t 100% the first time, so requires a re-do to be effective. Once worked for me. TC was pretty easy to get along with, once it papered my file with medical reports from the cardiologist. I maintained my medical throughout. Good luck! Cheers.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, buzzard said:

I had the ablation procedure done ten years ago. No problems since. I had an asymptomatic Afib, so the CAME would refuse to sign off if my ticker was jumping around during my medical exam. I had to jump through the hoops to pinpoint the problem, which fortunately was not serious, then was given three choices: do nothing, treat with medication, or have the ablation. I didn’t want to have to deal with the issue during every TC medical so I had the ablation procedure done, which completely solved the problem. On blood thinners for 90 days. No flying for 30 days. No issues since, so it was the right choice for me. You should know that in a fairly high percentage of cases, the ablation procedure isn’t 100% the first time, so requires a re-do to be effective. Once worked for me. TC was pretty easy to get along with, once it papered my file with medical reports from the cardiologist. I maintained my medical throughout. Good luck! Cheers.

Thanks Buzzard, that's exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!