Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Junior Pilot Programs

9 hours ago, sirlandsalot said:

90% of the pilots I respect as professionals and can only wish to be equal too, don’t take part in these forums anymore. Just the bitter people that are pissed off with the industry. I come on once a month to see what’s new, and it’s the same group of people complaining about everything, arguing and insulting each other. 

So you figure it out yet bad burritos. 10% of the scum of this industry are on the forum according to this guy. 

Its just like anything else you read online these days. It’s all just opinions created from different experiences. Some bitter some not. Lots of BS, like any other industry. Only difference is everyone seems to think they are really important once a helicopter gets involved. good luck to you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2021 at 6:58 AM, freck said:

Maybe just not stupid enough. Just because you don't agree calling out some bad operators doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out. These same companies have no problem throwing a guy under the bus when they quit or call them out. Had one friend quit to go fly closer to home and the managers called the new company and the new company changed their minds. If your ok with that Normy then your a special kind for sure.

Stupid, well maybe you call it that, I call it willing to stand behind what I post without anonymity. Toughtimes not only called out a company but anyone that has or does work there, that includes a lot of pilots. Maybe you think that is fine, my guess is he probably doesn't anymore either as he hasn't put his real name behind it or even responded to Dan. 

As far as your friend is concerned, I don't now who he is, who you are or even no if the story is even true. For all I know you aren't even a pilot or AME, since you refuse to stand behind your comments.

But hey, you got quite a bit of "likes", so I guess your view is quite acceptable to a lot of people on here.

I joined this forum many years ago hoping it would be a great place to exchange information on making the industry safer and exchange useful ideas. At times at has done just that, but far too often it turns into what this thread did. All the OP wanted to know was there any mentoring programs to break into the industry, and look what it turned into. How many threads have been shut down because they just degenerate into insults. 

So like one poster said, "nobody is holding a gun to your head" to stay here. So after 15 years I'll leave and let you all insult and attack each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hybrid said:

Stupid, well maybe you call it that, I call it willing to stand behind what I post without anonymity. Toughtimes not only called out a company but anyone that has or does work there, that includes a lot of pilots. Maybe you think that is fine, my guess is he probably doesn't anymore either as he hasn't put his real name behind it or even responded to Dan. 

As far as your friend is concerned, I don't now who he is, who you are or even no if the story is even true. For all I know you aren't even a pilot or AME, since you refuse to stand behind your comments.

But hey, you got quite a bit of "likes", so I guess your view is quite acceptable to a lot of people on here.

I joined this forum many years ago hoping it would be a great place to exchange information on making the industry safer and exchange useful ideas. At times at has done just that, but far too often it turns into what this thread did. All the OP wanted to know was there any mentoring programs to break into the industry, and look what it turned into. How many threads have been shut down because they just degenerate into insults. 

So like one poster said, "nobody is holding a gun to your head" to stay here. So after 15 years I'll leave and let you all insult and attack each other.

Never called down another pilot that I remember  myself personally on this forum or know who Toughtimes is. Maybe threw some shade at companies and the state of the industry. But I digress. You as I recall are pro hiring guys from out of country because of the "demand" as it were 15 years ago. And one of the companies you were pro non local hire gets a shout out from time to time. If you want to leave because I got a couple thumbs up then go. You used your real name and in the last couple days I asked around and nobody knows who you are in my circle. But hey I may or may not be a pilot or engomaneer. Hate to see you go because whether i like your opinion or not it ads to the conversation. If you feel personally attacked it wasn't my intention. No hard feelings on this end. And yes the story was true. Lots of dicks in this industry from the top to the bottom. Excluding myself of course.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 8:49 AM, FiveCut said:

Yep except that was an AME.

You bet that was and still is an AME! 😊  And meat servos (AKA Pilots) are still needed!  Some (AME's and/or Pilots) will make it alright, some will be abused (or let themselves be abused), some will find balance/contentment, others not so much.  We're all people and have much variety which makes this whole thing somewhat interesting.

8 hours ago, wcobra said:

You bet that was and still is an AME! 😊  And meat servos (AKA Pilots) are still needed!  Some (AME's and/or Pilots) will make it alright, some will be abused (or let themselves be abused), some will find balance/contentment, others not so much.  We're all people and have much variety which makes this whole thing somewhat interesting.

This “whole thing” is in desperate need of some kind of standardization.