Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Junior Pilot Programs

The industry goes in cycles as anyone that has been in it any amount of time knows, we are definitely in a low cycle. In 3-4 years all of the boomers will be in their 60’s, it’s pretty obvious to anyone watching there will be an exodus out of the industry. If you are younger and have skills, assuming there is an economy left after Trudeau is finished, there will be work around. If the economy survives the next year or two, they are predicting a huge commodities boom. Someone will have to fly the drills.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hybrid said:

The industry goes in cycles as anyone that has been in it any amount of time knows, we are definitely in a low cycle. In 3-4 years all of the boomers will be in their 60’s, it’s pretty obvious to anyone watching there will be an exodus out of the industry. If you are younger and have skills, assuming there is an economy left after Trudeau is finished, there will be work around. If the economy survives the next year or two, they are predicting a huge commodities boom. Someone will have to fly the drills.

There will be no Canada after Trudeau is done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hybrid said:

In 3-4 years all of the boomers will be in their 60’s

That would be the tail end of the boomers.  Most are well into their 60s now and lots still working.  Colleges and flight schools have been talking about this mass exodus for 30 years,  it’s not going to happen the way it was predicted I don’t think.  Since then there’s been a two major economic downturns, one worse than the Great Depression and a global pandemic.  Most will work until they can’t with the way the economy has been the last ten plus years.  As for commodities, there is plenty of infrastructure in place for that demand, flying drills won’t be needed as it was before with more modern and less environmentally invasive exploration techniques.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FiveCut said:

That would be the tail end of the boomers.  Most are well into their 60s now and lots still working.  Colleges and flight schools have been talking about this mass exodus for 30 years,  it’s not going to happen the way it was predicted I don’t think.  Since then there’s been a two major economic downturns, one worse than the Great Depression and a global pandemic.  Most will work until they can’t with the way the economy has been the last ten plus years.  As for commodities, there is plenty of infrastructure in place for that demand, flying drills won’t be needed as it was before with more modern and less environmentally invasive exploration techniques.

If I’m 1 day over 60 doing this because I need the money, please shoot me in the head!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3