Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Junior Pilot Programs

I think I told you folks about Mac Sanderson...back in 1989 he was 70...flying a jetbox for an outfit from Alberta...can't remember the name just now..Brian Klegg worked for them as did Robin Osterag....anyways old Mac could go up and down the 206 doing a Di like a scolded cat...unreal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toughtimes said:

It’s ok the Delta/old folks helicopters will always have jobs for the senior citizens, the “below average”, and decrepit pilots. That’s how they keep their costs down and keep slugging away, they know that, that “caliber” of pilot will always work for less than everyone else cuz they can’t get jobs anywhere else. 

I see you are not willing to put your name on here the way you are talking about us old guys and Delta helicopters.... I wonder if this is why you have a screen name like yours.

Check with lots of us old guys that got endorsements from Delta, I got a medium endorsement and lots of us got a start in this industry because of Delta.....did some of them work on the ground for a few years..... yes they did.... but they got flying which this thread is about.

I went back to Delta 2 yrs ago again after 20 years because I know that Delta can afford to fix anything that may go wrong with an aircraft and I have never been screwed around for my pay or expenses also the pay was right on par with many of my friends out there.

I have retired after 31 years with almost 10,000 hours with no accidents or incidents so just what do you mean by "that caliber" of pilot.

My guess is you are one of the the pilots Delta let go the way you are talking.

My name is Dan Stewart what is yours.

• Like 13

22 hours ago, Pool pilot said:

I see you are not willing to put your name on here the way you are talking about us old guys and Delta helicopters.... I wonder if this is why you have a screen name like yours.

Check with lots of us old guys that got endorsements from Delta, I got a medium endorsement and lots of us got a start in this industry because of Delta.....did some of them work on the ground for a few years..... yes they did.... but they got flying which this thread is about.

I went back to Delta 2 yrs ago again after 20 years because I know that Delta can afford to fix anything that may go wrong with an aircraft and I have never been screwed around for my pay or expenses also the pay was right on par with many of my friends out there.

I have retired after 31 years with almost 10,000 hours with no accidents or incidents so just what do you mean by "that caliber" of pilot.

Crickets....

• Haha 5

On 2/6/2021 at 6:01 PM, Pool pilot said:

Dan I will never forget the favour you did giving me that 206 endorsement at Clearwater in 1997.

cheers

Steve