FAA Conversion timeline....

I searched this first and info was pretty dated.. 

For those of you who have done the FAA CCH conversion, how long did it take the FAA to go through their foreign verification process? Their website says 45-90 days which is asinine. I emailed TC myself and got a verification letter within hours but the FAA wont accept that from me, they have to do it their way and supposedly it takes 45-90 days. 

Has anybody recently gone through this, in the last year or so? Any feedback on how long it took them to get your verification letter? I have work starting in a few weeks down there so kinda gonna be screwed if they really do take 45+ days.... 

Cheers 

Think once I faxed the FAA my request it took about 3-4 weeks, I think I received an email verification and snail mail copy of the letter.

Then with the letter, I could book the CCH exam.  With the exam pass, you book an appointment with a FSDO and they will verify your logbook, Cdn License, and exam results, and then grant you a temp license.

this was a few years back, working with the gov’t is pretty slow process.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T-rex said:

Think once I faxed the FAA my request it took about 3-4 weeks, I think I received an email verification and snail mail copy of the letter.

Then with the letter, I could book the CCH exam.  With the exam pass, you book an appointment with a FSDO and they will verify your logbook, Cdn License, and exam results, and then grant you a temp license.

this was a few years back, working with the gov’t is pretty slow process.

Good Luck!

Right on thanks! I took the CCH today without the letter, they didnt need it for the test thankfully. 

1 hour ago, R0T0R said:

They don’t do snail mail anymore. It’s all via email. I have everything done but have to do a face to face so I’m in a holding pattern till Covid gets sorted. 

Validation takes a bout two weeks right now. 

Ah wow right on! That would be a huge sigh of relief if it only took them two weeks. **** even 3 weeks and I will be happy. #### of it is Ive had my dang verification request submitted since March 2nd, but only found out this morning the application was corrupted somehow and has just been sitting idle with zero attention. Of course those ding dongs dont care enough to contact you to inform you instead here I was thinking all along it was being processed. 

Thanks for the feedback!