Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Recent Forum Conduct

The Vertical forums are meant to provide for open discussion and dialogue.  However, recently certain individuals' posts have sunk to all-time lows.  This includes the impersonation of other individuals and fraud.  In one case an individual went so far as to post a fake job listing for a company, and impersonate the individual that works at this company.  This is libellous and will not be tolerated.  We continue to investigate these posts.  The individual(s) WILL BE identified and their names and contact details provided to company lawyers for further action.  

The Vertical Forums used to be a respectful place where people in the industry could come and have meaningful discussion and dialogue.  Now, many are hiding behind their anonymity to make disparaging posts and comments that brings down the level of professionalism on the forum.

We will ban chronic abusers, and when necessary we will provide the identity of any individual(s) that continue to break the rules.

Do not use obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or excessively violent language.

Do not harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, or personally attack other forum members. Be friendly even if others are not.  If you see an abuser on here, report them!

Administrators have the final say in modifying, interpreting, and enforcing these rules.  

We ask that everyone abides by the rules.  If we all abide by the rules, hopefully we may see the return of the Vertical Forums that once were.  If we continue to see what is deemed as unprofessional conduct, the future of the Vertical Forums is at risk!

Mike Reyno

Publisher/Owner

Vertical

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Well, it would land me absolutely zero.  It would be nice to put a couple of bucks in my pocket for all the aggravation though, however.  For the person or company being defamed, that is a different story.  They have more lawyer power than I do.  And at the end of the day, is it really all worth the aggravation and a couple of bucks?  Just follow the rules and be respectful. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shakey said:

I can't imagine the landslide payout for suing a helicopter pilot now days would land you.

We are all easy come easy go. We all have to abide by our companies’s terms. there is this thing called consequences. If you don’t do crappy things to other people than you are fine...It’s that easy....

14 minutes ago, Olddriver said:
4 hours ago, shakey said:

I can't imagine the landslide payout for suing a helicopter pilot now days would land you.

We are all easy come easy go. We all have to abide by our companies’s terms. there is this thing called consequences. If you don’t do crappy things to other people than you are fine...It’s that easy....

Expand  

Have you heard of laws and regulations????... just asking for a friend

I don’t think the forums are doing much good at all these days.  I took a several year hiatus from here and after a brief return and review of forum content in my absence I 💯% agree with mike.  

The forums being taken down would do the community / industry more good than it currently / rarely contributes these days.  Perhaps public forum has outlived it’s generational use.

It should be shut down and that is a shame, Skies magazine has no forum, and for good reason.....

21 hours ago, CM119 said:

The forums being taken down would do the community / industry more good than it currently / rarely contributes these days.  Perhaps public forum has outlived it’s generational use.

It should be shut down and that is a shame, Skies magazine has no forum, and for good reason.....

I disagree that the forum should be taken down.

I think that the members must use their real names forbthe profile as I believe that will stop the abuse we have seen here in the past.

Dan Stewart 

• Like 8