PRM salary

IFlySometime

Without looking at the job or company, a PRM position doesn't really require skills like a DOM position.  Your job would be to compile reports, track times and liase with your amo for performance of maintenance.  Unless they have a massive, multitype fleet then $72000 is pretty decent for the position. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 9 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 9:42 AM, Heliian said:

Without looking at the job or company, a PRM position doesn't really require skills like a DOM position.  Your job would be to compile reports, track times and liase with your amo for performance of maintenance.  Unless they have a massive, multitype fleet then $72000 is pretty decent for the position. 

What’s the difference? PRM is just the newer designation for DOM which no longer exists in the AWM.  $72,000 is grossly low for that title either way…

For better clarity, it may help by seperating the title PRM into two specific titles relative to the function and pay range the titles command.

PRMC (Person Responsible for Maintenace Control) - applicable to Operator only, controls maintenance scheduling, monitoring, liason to AMO etc on behalf of the operator. $72,000 is a decent salary for the position for a small to medium fleet. This would also depend on expectations of working hours, and or if able to partially be done remotely.

PRM (Can also be referred to as DOM) - applicable to stand alone AMO's or operators which have their own AMO (must be the same person for both responsibilites in this case). In the case of either, $72,000 is very low. $95,000- $100,000 would be my expected minimum salary. More depending on the working location, expectations of the position, and the size of the overall team and/or fleet managing.

The above salary expectations are just my opinions, but are based on my past and present experience holding the above positions. 

Hope that helps?

JJ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, HeliWrench9 said:

For better clarity, it may help by seperating the title PRM into two specific titles relative to the function and pay range the titles command.

PRMC (Person Responsible for Maintenace Control) - applicable to Operator only, controls maintenance scheduling, monitoring, liason to AMO etc on behalf of the operator. $72,000 is a decent salary for the position for a small to medium fleet. This would also depend on expectations of working hours, and or if able to partially be done remotely.

PRM (Can also be referred to as DOM) - applicable to stand alone AMO's or operators which have their own AMO (must be the same person for both responsibilites in this case). In the case of either, $72,000 is very low. $95,000- $100,000 would be my expected minimum salary. More depending on the working location, expectations of the position, and the size of the overall team and/or fleet managing.

The above salary expectations are just my opinions, but are based on my past and present experience holding the above positions. 

Hope that helps?

JJ

I think that’s getting warmer, $100,000 would be a minimum for sure

• 2 weeks later...