Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

IDIOT VIDEO

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that with most operators, doing hammerheads upwind or downwind is equally likely to have a negative impact on your career... :P

A definite CLM (Career Limiting Move). The fact is not whether it is the right thing for us to do (the answer to that is clear) but how in a controlled situation - ie: in an airshow that little bit wind on the pointy end can mean the difference between a safely performed maneuver or a smoking hole in the ground. eh?

• 1 month later...

Blizzard:

I know all concerned except yourself.

While not disagreeing about your assessment of hammerhead please allow me to strongly disagree about your opinion of the CP now OPS Man.

Since you left enough clever "clues" to identify him - I must state:

The CP is one of the most honourable men I have ever met, a great pilot and, I am proud to say, a good friend of mine. His concern for his crews has been an example a lot of people could learn from. I think "Biggles", who used to work for him, would agree with me on that one.

You stated: "I warned the CP about one of his pilots doing crap and he wanted to know. I said you will find out when the time comes. If he doesn't know who to trust why was he in such a position? I guess sometimes when your somebodys golden boy , you can get away with anything! "

If you were willing to say he had a problem and he wanted to know who, what, when and where why weren't you willing to state the facts? How can he solve a problem if he doesn't know what it is. :down:

Too bad about that a/c - VYN or was it LNC? ( I believe was the Reg)was a good machine.

Blizzard:

I know all concerned except yourself.

While not disagreeing about your assessment of hammerhead please allow me to strongly disagree about your opinion of the CP now OPS Man.

Since you left enough clever "clues" to identify him - I must state:

The CP is one of the most honourable men I have ever met, a great pilot and, I am proud to say, a good friend of mine. His concern for his crews has been an example a lot of people could learn from. I think "Biggles", who used to work for him, would agree with me on that one.

You stated: "I warned  the CP about one of his pilots doing crap and he wanted to know. I said you will find out when the time comes. If he doesn't know who to trust why was he in such a position? I guess sometimes when your somebodys golden boy  , you can get away with anything! "

If you were willing to say he had a problem and he wanted to know who, what, when and where why weren't you willing to state the facts? How can he solve a problem if he doesn't know what it is. :down:

Too bad about that a/c - VYN or was it LNC? ( I believe was the Reg)was a good machine.

I guess you must have been one of his golden boys too! :down: