Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Window Vents

Good day,

I am in search of some window vent ideas you folks may have come across on various helicopters over the years. It seems to me that A-Stars sometimes had a scoop type vent that you would use after you opened the window and then push this scoop out into the airflow. Was I dreaming this or was it the case? Been a long time since I have flown an A-Star but that is what comes to mind. Our S-92 has window openings that put me in mind of the ones I have seen on A-Stars but no scoop. We are in search of some ideas that could possibly be adapted to the S-92 that have already been developed. If anyone out there has any thoughts or ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would be even better. Even if it's a picture of something else while in flight but that **** vent got it the way it would help. If any of you are closely related to the parts people, maybe they could even mention where the vent came from. So the next time you are flying along bored, with camera in hand. Snap a shot of your vent system and pass it along. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

SAR

S92Window-2.JPG

S92Window-1.JPG

G'day........

Tech tool carries clear or a light gray tint Vent Assembly for the Astar. PART NUMBER DESCRIPTION PRICE TTPV-1 Vent Assembly $195.00 USD, specify tint that you need when you order. This price does not include shipping charges, the part is in stock and Tech Tool accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or pre-payment. Contact # is Phone 800-433-2210, website is www.tech-tool.com.

If anyone would like to view a picture please contact highbladedown@hotmail.com and I will send you a pic.

Hope it helps........

hbd

I believe there is another kind as well. I have seen them on Jetrangers and I believe Hydro One has some on their astars. They attatch to the leading edge jam of the horizontal slide window....you can flip this little scoop out (if I remember correctly they have a few holes in the scoop...and the scoop is curved to direct the air in the cabin) Regardless they work awsome...far better than a slide window. Not sure what kind of application the S92 already has...so these may / may not work.

Guest CHEVY II

Good day,

"I am in search of some window vent ideas you folks may have come across on various helicopters over the years. It seems to me that A-Stars sometimes had a scoop type vent that you would use after you opened the window and then push this scoop out into the airflow. We are in search of some ideas that could possibly be adapted to the S-92 that have already been developed. If anyone out there has any thoughts or ideas it would be greatly appreciated."

I'm not sure if "airflow scoops" have allready been developed, and come with an STC for the S-92 or not but I can reccommend someone for the job...

He's awesome, almost like "Buddah" :shock: when it comes to sheet metal/design and solving problems like your dilemna.

I think it would be fair to say, given the tools of the trade, he would "spin" you some "right nice airflow scoopy thingy's" to keeps ya cool under pressure in that spanky new '92!!! :up:

You may allready know of him, his name is Lauchie Currie B)

I saw a vent about 20 years ago that might be out there some where!

it was a small circular vent that was part of the plexiglass window. it was made of the same window material, the outer disc was concave and connected to a semicircular sleeve, on the inside it had a grasp point that could allow the vent to be pushed open (about 1 inch) or pulled shut. I don't recall which A/C I saw it on but it was a definite god send for air flow in the cockpit :up: