Helicopter down in Evansburg

This is terrible news!  My condolences to his Dad, other Family members, and the YHL Team!  He used to come over to my place as a young boy, to talk about helicopters which he was as excited about as I was.  When he earned his helicopter Pilot License it was awesome for him and he obviously progressed well.  

RIP Heath!

Daryl

• Like 1

Condolences to all those affected and those knew the crew.

Transport just release an emergency AD CF-2021-23 effective 5 July. Must be related to this incident. 

"During investigation of  a recent  Bell  212  helicopter  fatal  accident  in Canada,  it  has  been  discovered  that one  of  the outboard  main  rotor  hub  strap  pin,  part  number  (P/N)  204-012-104-005  with  a  serial  number prefix  “FNFS”,  sheared off  during flight,  leading to detachment  of  the main rotor  blade  and  the main rotor head.

It  has  been  reported that  the failed main rotor  hub strap pin had  only  accumulated  20 hours  of  service. Inspection  of  another  Canadian Bell  212  helicopter  found a main rotor  hub strap  pin  of  the same P/N, made by  the  same manufacturer,  with  the same  serial  number  prefix  “FNFS”,  to be deformed after  only approximately  29  hours  in service. "

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johbros said:

It  has  been  reported that  the failed main rotor  hub strap pin had  only  accumulated  20 hours  of  service. Inspection  of  another  Canadian Bell  212  helicopter  found a main rotor  hub strap  pin  of  the same P/N, made by  the  same manufacturer,  with  the same  serial  number  prefix  “FNFS”,  to be deformed after  only approximately  29  hours  in service. "

Has anyone found similar pins in their machines?