Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Getting the jab

53 minutes ago, 2007 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.111f2e5550cbb6af0c485dce1b40b972.jpeg

Yep the post that doesn't make sense for covid.  Surgeons wear a mask so they don't cough or sneeze into an open wound.  Smallpox is a human only virus.  Coronaviruses infect animals too.  So are you going to give the gene therapy to wild animals?

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/transmission/index.html#:~:text=Smallpox can be spread by,spread by insects or animals.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, Helipilot4 said:

A buddy of mine on the fixed wing side got his first shot and had a heart attack 3 days later. He’s in recovery but has his medical pulled….. can you blame people for not rushing to get vaccinated? 

the same amount I would for hiding under the house during a thunderstorm.

while there is a risk of getting "hit by lightening" its a very rare occurrence.

Sorry about your friends predicament. Is there an evidence trail that the two are linked, or is this just an anecdotal connection made with an anti vax slant to it?

so if those people scared of the vaccine are also hiding during a thunderstorm, i'll give them a hall pass for now.

otherwise, educate yourself. there's a lot of accurate information out there now, versus what was available lets say in Feb 2021.

37 minutes ago, GrayHorizons said:

while there is a risk of getting "hit by lightening" its a very rare occurrence.

Sorry about your friends predicament. Is there an evidence trail that the two are linked, or is this just an anecdotal connection made with an anti vax slant to it?

so if those people scared of the vaccine are also hiding during a thunderstorm, i'll give them a hall pass for now.

otherwise, educate yourself. there's a lot of accurate information out there now, versus what was available lets say in Feb 2021.

But it’s not as rare as you believe. I personally know 3 people who’ve been in the hospital with reactions to the vaccine. All with no previous health concerns. All 3 were linked to the vaccine but not before they ran every test they could to try and prove it wasn’t.

Yet the covid testing is only 60% accurate and we’re supposed to believe the numbers on the internet are accurate?

3 hours ago, GrayHorizons said:

Have a cruise on this site and let me know if everything seems anecdotal.

https://openvaers.com/

https://openvaers.com/covid-data/mortality

11 hours ago, Helipilot4 said:

But it’s not as rare as you believe. I personally know 3 people who’ve been in the hospital with reactions to the vaccine. All with no previous health concerns. All 3 were linked to the vaccine but not before they ran every test they could to try and prove it wasn’t.

Yet the covid testing is only 60% accurate and we’re supposed to believe the numbers on the internet are accurate?

you believe what you want to believe, some people are more gullible than others, and unfortunately thats gotten us to where we are today.

3 hours ago, GrayHorizons said:

you believe what you want to believe, some people are more gullible than others, and unfortunately thats gotten us to where we are today.

On another note. Can we all agree we need to get rid of Trudeau today? Get out and vote this disaster into the history books!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GrayHorizons said:

Bit of a hypocrite eh? As someone who says to “educate yourself” you only seem keen on looking at one half of the facts. The ones that benefit your own personal agenda. But when someone brings up facts opposing, they are fake.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helipilot4 said:

Bit of a hypocrite eh? As someone who says to “educate yourself” you only seem keen on looking at one half of the facts. The ones that benefit your own personal agenda. But when someone brings up facts opposing, they are fake.  

Not really.  He countered with a very detailed article written by a scientist.  But, since there are many who start twitching at the mention of that word, let's look at VAERS ourselves and see what our less qualified minds come up with:

A.  VAERS itself carries several disclaimers regarding its usefulness as a data source for determining causality.  Absolutely anyone at all can submit a report, and it will show up there immediately (kind of like this forum, but without moderators).  It is the rawest of raw data.

B.  Let's ignore that though and assume that every report of death in VAERS within the US was actually caused by the COVID vaccine.  That is 6756 deaths.  There are 211,489,242 people who have had at least one dose in the US.  My gonkulator tells me that gives a mortality rate of 0.00319%.  The mortality rate for COVID in the US is about 1.6%.  So, even if every report in VAERS was actually a causal link, you're still about 500 times more likely to die after contracting COVID in the US than from getting the vaccine.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grug said:

Not really.  He countered with a very detailed article written by a scientist.  But, since there are many who start twitching at the mention of that word, let's look at VAERS ourselves and see what our less qualified minds come up with:

A.  VAERS itself carries several disclaimers regarding its usefulness as a data source for determining causality.  Absolutely anyone at all can submit a report, and it will show up there immediately (kind of like this forum, but without moderators).  It is the rawest of raw data.

B.  Let's ignore that though and assume that every report of death in VAERS within the US was actually caused by the COVID vaccine.  That is 6756 deaths.  There are 211,489,242 people who have had at least one dose in the US.  My gonkulator tells me that gives a mortality rate of 0.00319%.  The mortality rate for COVID in the US is about 1.6%.  So, even if every report in VAERS was actually a causal link, you're still about 500 times more likely to die after contracting COVID in the US than from getting the vaccine.  

"VAERS is the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System put in place in 1990. It is a voluntary reporting system that has been estimated to account for only 1% (see the Lazarus Report) of vaccine injuries. OpenVAERS is built from the HHS data available for download at vaers.hhs.gov."

6 hours ago, GrayHorizons said:

How is that a counter argument?  The vaccine makers were being held accountable and then need legislative protection to stay in business.  Now, who holds them accountable?

• Like 1