Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Getting the jab

On 8/28/2021 at 6:23 PM, shakey said:

Let me ask you. Has anyone met anyone who has died or got extremely sick? I've only heard people who know people. None personally myself. Some said common cold or slight flu. Others said hospital stay and lingering effects. And where did the Cold or Flu go in the meantime? I'm pro vaxx but I smell a rat with this thing. (Vaccinated too by the way)

A number of family members and family friends have passed away after catching Covid. A number of family and 2 coworkers got extremely sick and hospitalized after catching Covid, and fortunately, survived. So yes, I'm seeing this affect people in real life.

Face masks and social distancing over the last year has effectively stopped the flu from being an issue right now.

• Like 2

My wife and I have gotten both of the jabs because we don't want to be prisoners of Canada. 

I have had people tell me that Canada cannot stop them from leaving the country and I totally agree with them, but the country they want to visit can say, and most likely will say the unvaccinated people are not welcome here. 

My wife sent me a meme that pretty much says it all in my opinion. 

" So.... you have been eating hotdogs, chicken nuggets and processed meat all your life. But you won't get the shot because you don't know what's in it.!

Well aren't you a special kind of stupid"

I laugh at how true this statement is.

I personally don't care if you get a jab or not but look what Air Canada has done. You can keep your job but you must provide a negative covid19 test result at your own cost (I have heard the  cost is $150 each "not verified") and my bet is more companies are going to follow this program. So save your lonnie and tonnies cause I think the free testing is going to go away. And those who choose to not get the jab can pay for the staff to look after them while in the ICU.

So to all of you that choose not to get the jab. I totally agree that it is your right to OR not to get the jab.

But I just want to wish you luck.

Here are a few other things you can choose to not use to protect yourself. 

Seat belts, helmuts, condoms.

Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, twinstar_ca said:

My wife at her job has had both a client and a staff member test positive and the staff member is in the hospital currently... we are both double psizered.... get the stupid shots and quit b****ing... just IMHO....

Apparently asking questions is B1tching now days. Double vaxxed as stated. Where did the flu and cold go? Or is that just b1tching more?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pool pilot said:

My wife sent me a meme that pretty much says it all.

" So.... you have been eating hotdogs, chicken nuggets and processed meat all your life. But you won't get the shot because you don't know what's in it.!

Well aren't you a special kind of stupid"

I have been laughing at how true this statement is.

I personally don't care if you get a jab or not but look what Air Canada has done. You can keep your job but you must provide a negative covid19 test result at your own cost (I have heard the  cost is $150 each "not verified") and my bet is more companies are going to follow this program. So save your lonnie and tonnies cause I think the free testing is going to go away and those who choose to not get the jab can pay for the staff to look after you while in the ICU.

So to all of you that choose not to get the jab. I totally agree it is your right to OR not to get the jab but I just want to wish you luck.

Also here are a few other things you can choose to not use to protect yourself. 

Seat belts, helmuts, condoms.

Just saying.

I agree fully with what you say here, as well as others who have posted to the positive.  I personally know six people who got Covid who were not vaccinated. One passed away strictly due to Covid; two are commercial helicopter Pilots at the same organization with very good Covid protocols (as well as post-flight cleaning protocols for the cockpit) in place; so yep, even Pilots can get it!  One Pilot had significant effects (fortunately no ICU stay required) for over two weeks with another couple of weeks just getting strength etc. back, the other moderate, fortunately both have recovered; the other two (not in aviation) both had moderate effects and have recovered except one buddy still has not recovered his sense of smell after eight or nine months!

Personally I've done the double shot of Moderna, the first was no big deal, the second one kicked me hard (like bad flu) on the second day after the vaccination but was fine on the third day.

In my opinion the benefits to the person as well as society far outweigh the negatives.  We do have some freedom of personal choice, but not when it affects the general population.  Don't be selfish and Sierra Tango Oscar Oscar Oscar Papa Uniform Delta, get the jab.

• Like 3

If your emmune system is low and or are older.

It can be not good.  If your emmune system is high.  Yes you can get through it.  But you dont know until you get it.  Like playing russian roulette.

Is it worth it. Get the jab.

Customers are asking if pilots and crew are vaxed.

They will go down the road.

• Like 3

While we're at it, I think all the under age 12 kids, who can't get the vaccine shot, should be rounded up and put into concentration camps...that way we can help make all the pussies feel better about leaving their houses.

Seriously, get a grip...this isn't Ebola.

That, or just nuke all the cities from orbit

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474hxncg82ewgj6k804n

• Like 3
  • Haha 4