Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Getting the jab

1 hour ago, ScottyDont said:

Not only a career decision, in 25 days anybody who doesn't get the obedience needle wont even be able to leave the country. States wont let you in without it and cant board a plane or boat without it. Pretty f'ed up, considering Trudeau said he'd never make a vaccine mandatory. Sounds pretty mandatory to me. 

What?!? Justin Trudeau lied to you? I can't believe what I'm hearing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We started being advised by Customers that they will require all our crew to be double vaccinated included as an addendum to their existing contracts - without exception. In turn, they will ensure that all pax we carry are also fully vaccinated - without exception. If your employer decides not to endorse this change, then you may be out of work anyway whether you are vaccinated or not.

But just for interest, Dawson Creek had an interesting experience with "expert" anti-vaccine testimony from a self proclaimed expert, who offers alternative treatments with Tarot Cards and Essential Oils when she's not pushing the boundaries of molecular science. Is this what the anti-vaxxers here subscribe to, or do you have some other science you're using? You might want to google the YouTube video if you want a good laugh from a babbling crackpot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-vaccine-disinformation-dawson-creek-1.6201246

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 8:57 PM, Hazy said:

You believe that? Lol

I spent a fair amount of time at the hospital last year (not covid) and it was a ghost town.  If staff are getting burnt out, it's because of the ridiculous measures they have to bear.

With a growing and aging population, the hospitalizations should increase. 

Remember those tent hospitals?  How much action did they see?

I'm talking ICU specifically. Some news stories out there (although not enough and usually buried) about ICU systems struggling.  Like I say, many ICU systems were beyond the limit pre-pandemic. Pandemic ICU staffing and work-load has nothing to to with government 'ridiculous measures' or a growing and aging population. It has to do with the realities of a influx of covid patients and in particular the significant increase in work-load that comes with ventilator patients (as the worst of covid patients are). You can choose to ignore ICU staffing issues, but it doesn't change the reality. And a reality that can be mostly avoided.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 8:24 AM, Helipilot4 said:

A buddy of mine on the fixed wing side got his first shot and had a heart attack 3 days later. He’s in recovery but has his medical pulled….. can you blame people for not rushing to get vaccinated? 

What are the statistics on people suffering major side-effects or death from the vaccine? I believe the numbers of deaths (there are some) due to the vaccine is less than 200 nation-wide. I have a buddy who's wife was hospitalized after getting jabbed, and he's reluctant. I don't blame him or others. It doesn't mean we can't still do everything reasonably possible to avoid the spread. Mask up, wash hands, keep your distance if you're reluctant for whatever reason.

I don't know the number on adverse effects from the vaccine. Since Canada has a high vax rate, and some urban areas (like Vancouver) have some of the highest vax rates in the world, we'd expect to see a surge in adverse effects from the vaccine if those numbers were significant. So far, I haven't seen or heard warning signs that these numbers are something to worry about.

Also, as I understand it, the adverse reactions to the vaccines are related to allergic reactions to an ingredient in the vaccine. Apparently each vaccine has an element that people can potentially have a strong allergic reaction to. Thinking way ahead here for future vaccines (or any vaccine in general)...couldn't we test people to find out which ingredient they could have an allergic reaction to and then they could get the vaccine that does not have that ingredient? Kind of like testing for blood type to give people the appropriate blood if/when they need it.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:01 PM, Whitestone said:

I understand that lots of people are scared, we have been subjected to what some call a military grade psychological operation(CASES, CASES, CASES, COVID, COVID, COVID over and over and over again)  but we need to wake up and listen to those who are being silenced and censored who are telling what is really happening out there.

How many of us have talked directly to anyone who works in ICU and deals with this stuff on a daily basis? If there's anyone one in the world who knows what's actually going on wouldn't it be the ICU workers? Most of us are relying on governments, MSM, fringe media, facebook, twitter, and internet randos to educate ourselves on what's going on. How about the actual boots in the trenches? What do they have to say about it all?

• Like 1