Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Best Training.

Popaloops

Oh ,and by the way...Popaloops. It is not necessarily about the a/c. Take all of the following into consideration. Geographical location (mtns, terrain), weather, time of year, instuctors experience, "total" costs, accomodations, etc. And most importantly....."your" comfort factor, I would suggest you visit as many of the schools as possible, talk to them....the time and money spent would be wise in helping you form your decision(s)..... ;)

Well ok even if you do have a soft spot for the 47 you have to admit that cleaning that bubble must become a pain you got alot more surface area there. :D

:) That my friend, is only warm up for your arms.....come and try a crane....ever see the "back "window on a large cab???? :lol:

Guest jesse
That my friend, is only warm up for your arms.....come and try a crane....ever see the "back "window on a large cab????

Actually no i havent seen the back window on a large cab but since your offering sure i would be more than willing to come and clean the crane and go for a flight. When do you want me there. :up:

Didn't check the new price for Chinook :shock: but last time I did it was the cheapest...too bad.

But as I said : Go for the cheapest ! (as long as it's not a R22 :D:D )

Even if I like the 47, 10$ is 10 $ and you will need them :unsure:

A good question too : which piston engine is closer to the 206 ? Each school swear it's its, but what "independents" instructors though about this ?

Nick....just look at the a/c design.....that is also an advantage( some may say )about the 47, the 2 bladed semi-ridgid rotor system has virtually the same handling traits as a 206.....the students that did the 206 conversion at Chinook eased into the machine very comfortably, ****, even the t/r design and critical wind azimuth(s) are close. The similarities are very evident when simulating emergencies, full-ons in the 206 are easier (my opinion judged by student comfort factor) and jammed pedals are no mystery along with gov malfunctions, as the students are very proficient with the throttle, just the turbine lag is the adjustment required there... :)

Helilog56, I agree the 47 teaches the pilot to fly. period. New pilots shouldn't worry too much about going fast anyway because thats a problem (going too fast) that some of them seem to have now training on more modern machinery. What is loading up the rotor system? :shock: I had a visit yesterday with a buddy who works with you who is a training capt. on the crane and after riding with and training 50+ guys on the crane he says there is a noticeable difference between guys with Bell time and guys without. I'm not saying its right or wrong...just different. I'll leave the right or wrong part to be judged by the chief/check pilot. "Old wood blades" have there place and should be appreciated for eveything they don't do. :P