Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Crash near Powell river

12 hours ago, Amphibious said:

The pilot was a dear friend and will be greatly missed.  He was a mentor when i was a 100hr idiot and went out of his way to train me on and off the job.  He kept me alive when I took my first  job overseas as a 200hr driver, one that I was gloriously under qualified for, shitting my self daily, being always available for a phone call and advice. Many of the tips and tricks I share today with our younger pilots I learned from him.   

Still very hard to believe he's gone.  One of the most capable and experienced pilots I have ever had the good fortune to know.

Sorry for the loss of a dear friend and mentor, amphibious... Although, sounds like you will keep him living on in how you pass on his teachings to you... 👍

not sure if its my dark sense of humor, but i took the bob and wade names as bad water jokes and felt they were far to soon....but if Bob and Wade were both legitimate names of concern, I apologise for my early morning assumptions.

I knew the name a little while ago, but have never known or worked with the guy. Heard he was high time and a good guy, which seems to be all too common

RIP and condolences to the family

On 10/25/2021 at 9:57 AM, GrayHorizons said:

not sure if its my dark sense of humor, but i took the bob and wade names as bad water jokes and felt they were far to soon....but if Bob and Wade were both legitimate names of concern, I apologise for my early morning assumptions.

I knew the name a little while ago, but have never known or worked with the guy. Heard he was high time and a good guy, which seems to be all too common

RIP and condolences to the family

Wade is definitely legit. I flew in the 214 with him in 90's for Blacktusk. To the best of my knowledge, he's still there flying wood. 
My condolences to the family and friends of the pilot in question.