Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Conversion of NZ AME Licence To Canadian AME Licence

kiwiengineer

Hello Everyone,

Couple of questions

Does anyone know of anybody who has converted there NZ AME Licence To Canadian AME License? Does your NZ experience count for your Canadian license application?

What is the pay like in Canada for a Licenced AME with AS350 Airframe & Engine qualifications?

Is there a demand for Licenced Helicopter AME's?

Thanks in advance!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Demand yes. 
Pay would depend on what part of Canada, what the tour rotation is, and what the working conditions would be.

A couple years experience on AStars with Arriel 1 and LTS courses maybe 50-70k CAD a year if you get a heated hangar and cell service?

Arriel 2 and B3 course would help with the $$$ as more H125s arrive trickle into the market. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 11:44 PM, ThreePer said:

Demand yes. 
Pay would depend on what part of Canada, what the tour rotation is, and what the working conditions would be.

A couple years experience on AStars with Arriel 1 and LTS courses maybe 50-70k CAD a year if you get a heated hangar and cell service?

Arriel 2 and B3 course would help with the $$$ as more H125s arrive trickle into the market. 

50-70/yr? Have wages gone down that much in Canada? 

Engineers are in demand in Canada and all that I know are making much better than $70K…. maybe you are referencing a salary or day rate yearly amount and not including their aircraft flight pay?

I work with both Intermediate and Medium Engineers and they all make significantly more than that and deserve every dollar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course your medium buddies make more.

The topic starter said they are a “Licensed AME with AS350 Airframe and Engine” so I gave them what a starting wage could be in a urban or semi-urban hangar environment for a relatively new engineer.

Small town? More. Camp? More. North of 60? More. Multiple machines? More. Multiple endorsements? Of course more. 

On 12/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, ThreePer said:

Of course your medium buddies make more.

The topic starter said they are a “Licensed AME with AS350 Airframe and Engine” so I gave them what a starting wage could be in a urban or semi-urban hangar environment for a relatively new engineer.

Small town? More. Camp? More. North of 60? More. Multiple machines? More. Multiple endorsements? Of course more. 

And I responded “ That I work with both Intermediate and Medium Engineers, and they ALL make significantly more than that”

Double checked with a couple of my AS350 only buddies. They confirmed that they are definitely doing better than $70k a year. They all work in heated hangars, in urban, semi urban, and large towns environments. 

We exchanged this information and our Merry Christmas wishes via our cell phones, reception was excellent.

Have a Merry Christmas 

• Like 1