Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Engineering Di's

Lunchbox

As a pilot, my DI is a pretty routine look at all of the pieces to make sure they are all there. Although it's my butt in the seat, I tend to feel a little better flying the machine after the guy with all of the maitenance training and experience has signed off on the "DI". We all look at different things on a walk around, the more eyes looking at a machine the better.

Operational considerations aside, just think how you would feel if you decided to go to bed instead of looking at the aircraft (I've seen this happen alot) and the A/C (and possibly the pilot & pax) didn't come back at the end of the next day...

You should never get slagged for looking at your machines too much. :up: DON'T let the pilots give up on their D.I. though, cause a whole bunch of them will if you let 'em. They should be looking at the machine like the guy before them is trying to kill them. FYI I'm a AME/pilot. my $0.02

:up: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & DO WHAT YOU FELL IS RIGHT, IVE BEEN A PILOT FOR 14 YEARS & JUST RECIEVED MY AME LIC. 3 YEARS AGO & THE EFFORT BETWEEN THE PILOT / ENGINEER /OPS IS ALL A TEAM EFFORT!

I WORK ON A PROJECT THAT HAS BEEN 150 HOURS EVERY 20 DAYS & WE NEED OUR ENGINEERS TO HELP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE & IT WORKS GREAT TO D.I A MACHINE IN THE EVENING AFTER 8 TO 10 HOURS OF FLYING.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FELLOW WRENCHER.

Thanks for the continuing support guys.

My aformentioned colleague has since left the company, so this subject is no longer an issue on the base, as the new crew is all on the same page. :)

All that has been said on this thread L.B. are good sound ethics, that are going to help you become a better engineer than you already are. Flying and maintaining these things are a team effort. You and your newly hired crew hopefully become the standard for your company, not the exception....... ;)