Blade Strikes...yikes!

No need for a "force field" tip "curb" feelers, look outside simple as that blades are not invisible, those blades make a very obvious disk. Pay attention try as best to keep them out of the trees or hangar or for that matter flare stack. do the job you are paid for don't try to overtechno this type of flying. It is coming to fast as it is!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
I've got it: A forcefield all around the helicopter. Anything coming into contact with the forcefield is instantly vapourized (trees, birds, power lines, bridges, buildings, control towers, etc...). So, anyone wanna help me design and patent it ?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just make sure you turn off the force field before the customers gets in, otherwise you will have to write up an incident report. :shock:

I once heard of a 206L pilot hitting a steel transmision tower in Sept Iles. In order to fly it out he took out his trusty tape and evened out the length of the blades. I don't know if they are now being used as Jet Rnager blades. Probably everyone should go out now and take a close look at your blades to make sure that are not the ones. I think that the striping on top will be out a little! :blink:

he must certainly have been a carpenter before being a pilot. :up:

From the web-site with the blade video.

With all that bending, it’s no wonder the FAA has mandatory retirement times for the blades! If we conservatively assume that they flex five times per revolution and are turning at 2000 RPM, a 5000 hour lifespan would mean that they flex fifty million times.

What was that machine with 2000 RPM in the green again? :shock: