Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Immigration

What kind of lengths of time are you talking about from start to finish of apllication?

Did you apply by the skilled trade immigrant or the spouse sponsor?

Skilled trade is the only way to go as I have been told spouse sponsor is not the sure deal it use to be, too many third world people using that one. My application took three and a half years because of 911, but two years is more realistic bottom line this is the government so be patient.Just read the instructions for the steps again and again because one missing piece of paper takes three to four months before they send it back to you.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Canuck and I'm glad to have you guys up here! You make me look good!!! What with all the blade strikes etc.. that you guys have!!

Yeah, and guys like you make us Canadians look bad with ignorant posts like that. :down: Aren't you gonna look stupid when you have your first blade stike or worse!!!! :wacko:

15 Months for me. And I even botched it up once. Could have been 2 months  quicker if I had written " Not Applicable " instead of N/A. Be sure to read the fine print.

I have the the application for permanent residence filled in and the scheduel 1 and scheduel 3 is that all i need on initial contact with the goverment?? should i include a letter of offer of emplyment in this first application??

thanks all for your feed back

Just so you guys know I am working in the country and have been here 6 months

Hey Ecu Manual,

I'm a Canuck and I'm glad to have you guys up here! You make me look good!!! What with all the blade strikes etc.. that you guys have!!

Tread carefully there amigo if you had actually been doing this job for a while you might appreciate how easy it is, to make even just a minor mistake. If you had any skill at all, you would not need your colleuges what ever their nationality to make mistakes to make you look better. This is a profession not a pissing contest.

Hey jetbox and flydock,

I know both it's easy to do and more than likely will happen if you work in the bush in Canada. I'm not just starting out in this game. For the record I have been lucky to this point but I know my luck won't last forever. Regarding my comment that I've now deleted, it is my experience that the ones i've worked along side have had more than there fair share. Good friends for the most part but a few look right down there noses at canadians and they aren't afraid to express it.

Regarding the bashing of canadians by americans, australians and kiwis which is what got me pissed off in the first place. I've played the quiet canuck who won't get in someones face far too often but those days are over and from now on I'll go down swinging. I'm not gonna sit there and take it while someone bad mouths canucks as a whole.

ttf

My comments didn't seem to upset ECU manual too much. I actually agree with his last comment.

Well Treetopflyer, I happen to be a bit of both American and Canadian so I can't get away from the "bashing" no matter what I do and it's been like that a very long time. I also learned a very long time ago that neither country has a monoply on good people, bad people .......and both have a liberal collection of ********. So stop "swinging" because no matter what country you come from, there are a collection of ******** out there somewhere ready, willing and able to "put you down" for being from that country. You can't find a country that someone doesn't bad-mouth somewhere. So loosin' up a tad because you'll get that no matter what country you call home. :D

Well said cap, Every nationality has its ratbags **** ausralia has had one of the worst human right s records in the english speaking world and apparently we treat our women like dirt. however not all of us are still infected with the convict mentality. It is a shame that australians come here and represent our country so poorly. I wonder if when the men of the commomwealth nations fought together years ago was there the same level of competition to get killed first. As far as I am concerned that is a major problem with the helicopter indusrty today everyone is out for themselves and working together is done under sufference. I would like to think that the next little group of australians to get of the plane here will appreciate that this country basically invented the civilian helicopter industry and the many varied applications for our machines. If not then gentlemen of canada feel free to set them straight that they would never get the diverse work and quality pay and experiance in to many other countries. If this does not work try the return to sender tag.