Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Seeking guidance on recovering unpaid wages after resigning…

1 hour ago, 412driver said:

Disagree.... I know a lot of @$$ holes (myself included 😆) that keep finding work because grudge or not, when the boss needs a pilot in the seat? All sins are forgiven. I have seen this for over 30 years. 

I disagree as well, the boss man can have equally, if not worse of a reputation if he treats the drivers or wrenches inappropriately...the damage worsens for the company as it filters down to the companies customers and word can spread like wildfire. Always remind the boss that he is not indeed the boss, the customer is the boss as they are the ones providing the greenback. Stand your ground, keep up the good fight.

23 hours ago, Macca said:

I disagree as well, the boss man can have equally, if not worse of a reputation if he treats the drivers or wrenches inappropriately...the damage worsens for the company as it filters down to the companies customers and word can spread like wildfire. Always remind the boss that he is not indeed the boss, the customer is the boss as they are the ones providing the greenback. Stand your ground, keep up the good fight.

Good luck with that!

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2022 at 5:40 PM, Twin Helix said:

This industry carries a grudge. You can find yourself with a reputation if you have the nerve to ask for your pay. 

Employers that don’t pay can also find themselves with a reputation.

The person I know that made a claim was asked to come back a few years later. That employer has a poor reputation and hard time finding employees.

If you make a claim, you don’t get paid what was not owed to you. If the employer can’t figure out the federal labour code and the exceptions applicable to our industry, that is their own fault. 

If a new employer will not hire you because you made a claim, then you did yourself a favor.

Most owners, CP’s, and ops managers already know the reputation of their competition.

Companies that are heavily weighted with less experienced pilots, engineers and TFW’s tend to have a poorer reputation and you may want to steer clear. 

These are just my opinion’s from 20+ years in the business. Take it or leave it. You will know if you should make a claim or not. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bigD said:

Employers that don’t pay can also find themselves with a reputation.

The person I know that made a claim was asked to come back a few years later. That employer has a poor reputation and hard time finding employees.

If you make a claim, you don’t get paid what was not owed to you. If the employer can’t figure out the federal labour code and the exceptions applicable to our industry, that is their own fault. 

If a new employer will not hire you because you made a claim, then you did yourself a favor.

Most owners, CP’s, and ops managers already know the reputation of their competition.

Companies that are heavily weighted with less experienced pilots, engineers and TFW’s tend to have a poorer reputation and you may want to steer clear. 

These are just my opinion’s from 20+ years in the business. Take it or leave it. You will know if you should make a claim or not. 

Sounds like the cop at a highway accident...nothing to see here ...move along.. been the same forever and probably will be forever...when you have been around for awhile you start counting the outfits that you might work for...used to be about two handfulls...10...now...probably down to one hand.

• Like 2