Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

jjjjabbs..How Many will I need now to still fly come April. ??

Was  a memo at company  I do contract work for .... ..those with out the jjjab had till jan to be fully poisoned...unjabbed was a hazard to the others.. Sounds like most have been sick....Hmmmm.  ....could it be the big V....everyday when I see what's going on , just confirms I made the right decision . Anybody have the count now  from American Pilot magazine on how many pilots have dropped dead. ???..last article was 111  since the jjjabb started.  And Yes I do not have a university degree, just 55 yrs of life experiences.

Anybody need a  pilot that makes life saving decisions ??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The whole thing is ridiculous. I don’t know many ppl at work or outside that think any of this is a good idea by any means. Most just rolled over to remain employed, there still are company’s that hire non vaxxed. It just becomes hard getting to work and the clients call the shots about what’s “safe” at the work sites. Lol 

• Like 4

Are we aviators going to be the ONLY bag holders of this unjust mandate?

Nurses and health care workers are allowed to work un vaxxed AND covid positive. Gov't made a big oopsie and had no choice but to admit they messed up.

Truckers are just saying #### you.

I feel like we are a small # of people, and we work in a fragmented industry. Large commercial airlines opposed to small heli companies that work in remote locations. A small group indeed, which is further more split 50/50 in pilot and engineer which are very diff jobs and entail different amounts of exposure to the public or clients. Even a remote (work from home job) customer representative job for a company like westjet falls under this mandate.

Regardless of your personal opinions or vaxx status, it's pretty clear at this point that the narrative is unwinding.

Britain finally said they are done with masks & passports. In fact Canada is pretty much one of the only countries left in the world with insane lockdowns/restrictions/mandates ect. (can,france, aussie, austria, germany) I'm worried that the 'return to normal' will forget about us federal workers. Life will move on and the mandate will stick for us, being poorly represented or forgotten.

I am curious how operators are handling this? Has staffing taken a hit or been hard to maintain? Is hiring difficult? I recently saw a job add mentioning they are accepting unvaxx applications (big respect to this kind of behavior) Has anybody perused legal action? where is HAC, surely they have some influence on policy? When is enough, enough and operators just say "we are no longer complying with this mandate, fine us all you want, and we will lets the courts decide."

and finally, our mandate is the only one I have seen so far that has NO exemptions, whether medical, religious or personal. There are literally pilots and engineers whose doctors have advised to not get the vaccine, and they are as or right now indefinitely exiled from their jobs, careers, life styles, livelihoods. It is beyond reprehensible. 

stay positive & keep vibin'

(Cross posted this from the 'in the news' forum)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I flew on the anthrax outbreak in the NWT in 2013 (?).  No mask or other measure to prevent inhalation of the spores.  Hovering at treetop  with IR on board, looking for and trying to smell the carcasses.  I still remember what some of those carcasses looked like, wasn't pleasant.  And here we are now with covid paranoia.

• Like 2