Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contrail’s Authority???

Full On

17 minutes ago, Pool pilot said:

1...  Fred

2....  got nothing 

3... still got nothing 

Lets not go sideways on this post...It's about the restrictions contrail is enforcing on our industry, with pilot magic experience numbers and deciding what is to old  an airframe to be flying in Canada. I can understand how some operators may be reluctant to comment on anything to do with contrail for fear of being blackballed and then Contrail having a vendetta against them. I am not going to let this issue go to rest. Any operator that has info about their experience good or bad with the magic contrail experience numbers and older airframes not being on the "contrail List" of acceptable airframes then feel free to pm me and I will post these experience without naming the company suppling the facts. Something seriously has to be done, I refuse to put my head in the sand and pretend that what they say is gospel according to safety.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Full On said:

Lets not go sideways on this post...It's about the restrictions contrail is enforcing on our industry, with pilot magic experience numbers and deciding what is to old  an airframe to be flying in Canada. I can understand how some operators may be reluctant to comment on anything to do with contrail for fear of being blackballed and then Contrail having a vendetta against them. I am not going to let this issue go to rest. Any operator that has info about their experience good or bad with the magic contrail experience numbers and older airframes not being on the "contrail List" of acceptable airframes then feel free to pm me and I will post these experience without naming the company suppling the facts. Something seriously has to be done, I refuse to put my head in the sand and pretend that what they say is gospel according to safety.

You are so very right about not letting this go sideways. 

I apologize and will not harm this thread again with a stupid comment like I did here.

Again.... my sincere apologies. 

Dan

22 hours ago, simpleton said:

Because Contrail's standards are not really Contrail's standards.....they're Contrail's clients standards. Contrail gets delegated and paid to conduct audits on their behalf so that they do not need to have their own dedicated aviation auditors on staff.

So, if you want to complain, call Cenovus, and CNRL, and Pembina ,and Encana, and Chevron, and CNOOC, and...........

Got any contact info?