Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contrail’s Authority???

Full On

6 minutes ago, simpleton said:

I'm not giving out contact info.

What are you going to do if Contrail is gone...get the IS-BAO certifications, BARS standards, and OGC standards changed as well? You're beating a dead horse.

giphy.gif

If that is what is required then so be it. We can sit back and let them dictate the industry or dig in and get things done. Contact info can’t be that hard to get and I’m willing to give it a shot. Brainwashing can be reversed. 

5 minutes ago, Twin Helix said:

As a low time guy who's caught the short end through a few of the most notorious operators, I appreciate that so many higher time guys care. So many people forget once their struggle is over that their are other people trying to get going. 

I agree! It’s too bad it’s taken this long but awesome to see some interest in making change. I went through school 10 years ago and every school I spoke with out west knew that Contrail Requirements were a hurdle, but it was the low time who would have to find a way over it. 

• Thanks 1

Appreciate people brining this up. As a low time guy getting 30 hours a season and paying for another 20 hours, with no mentorship type programs I'm going to be retirement age before I meet the minimums. Low time guys have no pull with these agencies so it means a lot that experienced pilots are taking an interest in this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2022 at 10:24 PM, transientorque2 said:

I was once told that by a pilot once but a few weeks later after I squeaked he also added when the wheel gets too squeaky, it also gets replaced!

Squeak in moderation fellow aviator. If one squeaks for only their benefit then they take the chance of being replaced. If the squeaky wheel is for the good of all then the benefits could be very rewarding, and hopefully will not be replaced. I personally have no worries about being replaced! Thank you for squeaking on this thread and hopefully the wheels will get greased. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:08 PM, Baillie said:

Appreciate people brining this up. As a low time guy getting 30 hours a season and paying for another 20 hours, with no mentorship type programs I'm going to be retirement age before I meet the minimums. Low time guys have no pull with these agencies so it means a lot that experienced pilots are taking an interest in this. 

I'd be calling WestJet and AC to name a couple of comm airlines. If I were in your shoes. Not to mention US operators. They will be paying to train/poach new pilots in short order. Great pay, benefits with minimal BS. Not to mention the pension, year round work, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1