Where To Train, Us Or Canada?

Spartan99

I completely agree with that...However, lets assume im trained by a much more experienced flight instructor in Canada, granted my training would be superior but if im unable to fly for a number of years, wouldnt my skills be very rusty when that time comes? As opposed to getting say not so great training and being able to fly right out of school and get first hand experience and employment right away? Just playing devils advocate...Let me know what you think...Thanks for your input!

It would appear you have already made up your mind. There is no doubt the training you receive in Canada is far superior.

If you want an American license afterwards it is very easy to get. A work visa in the States is not so simple if you need one. But the real issue is good training.

It would appear you have already made up your mind. There is no doubt the training you receive in Canada is far superior.

If you want an American license afterwards it is very easy to get. A work visa in the States is not so simple if you need one. But the real issue is good training.

Thank you all for your valued input...I by no means have made a choice one way or another. I can honestly say I was hoping to remain in Canada but from a lot of reading on forums from multiple sites, i have found that obtaining the magic 1000hr mark up here is extremly difficult and could take as i mentioned any number of years if at all. While down south it would appear that many starting pilots have have a much easier time building up thier hours by instructing which of course is not an option up here. So my next question: What is the feasibility of getting your commercial up here as well as instructor rating and then convert to US and work as a instructor down there?. Would my chances be slim to none as i didnt train with a US school? Just considering all options. Thank you all again for your contribution.