Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Entering my 33rd season of flying...thought I had seen it all...

On 3/16/2022 at 5:57 PM, CM119 said:

Can you elaborate?  Are you saying Canada has a generous holiday working visa?

Holiday working visa Canada, it's not actually called that anymore.  Be from a commonwealth country, under 35, 1 year work visa no restrictions easily extended for a second year.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 5:51 AM, DGP said:

You want to slide south of the border to work you need an faa ticket which reguires you to have an ifr ticket...correct me if I am wrong. Back in the day when I had 100 hrs I tried to go to Aussie land...was told to bugger off!

No FAA IFR ticket needed to work South of the Border. Not sure how easy it is these days to write the FAA conversion exam as a result of Covid?

But you will need 25 hrs. of night cross country for Part 135 work. Once you have your FAA Rotary Cert in hand. 

Getting a Work Visa is another story all together. Unless you have dual citizenship of course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 3:17 AM, CM119 said:

There are flight schools in Canada with some lower time instructors but usually they’re accompanied with a compliment of extremely high time pilots / instructors.  I don’t think many instructors are below 1000hrs pic 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwieqZ3wwfD2AhX8JzQIHUkqB9oQvOMEKAB6BAgKEAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcdfw.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fchopper-catches-fire-after-crash-landing-in-rowlett%2F2924491%2F&usg=AOvVaw3vq5ByyaI6EFickOhStXcm

Instructor was just out of flight school.

2 hours ago, Trudashian said:

Instructor was just out of flight school.

In the first place, this accident happened in the US and the previous poster was referring to instructors in Canada.

Secondly, and with much respect for the crew that suffered this terrible ending. it would not have mattered if the instructor had 10K hours or the ink was still wet on his license, like yours.

• Like 3