Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fires Around Kamloops

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Is that what you are here for is just the money?Because if you are there are a lot of other jobs out there that you can make a **** of a lot more money doing.Is the love of flying and all the other stuff that we get from the aviation business not takin into consideration? <_<

I am here for the money. I did not know there was another reason. Please let me know what I should do next???

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you mean your misfortune that you are not hired on the fire and I am. If you are not in this industry for greed, what are you here for?

Don't worry about that jim the last fire contract I was on was in 1978.

I am not in this industry for greed, I do my job because I like it.

Yah, but do you like it so much you'd do it for nothing??????

I didn't intend to imply that I would do my job for free, if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it.

I just thought it was a callous wish of helicopterjim's to want a repeat of the 2003 fire season in Kamloops.

I am sure that there is not a single resident of Kamloops that ever wants to see smoke on the horizon again.

:elvis:

Been working on mediums for 6 years, looking for a new job in a new industry. Flying around the country side chasing fires SUCKS!!!!!!!!!Not to mention the GONG show offered at every head office. GO HERE, NO WAIT GO HERE, Better go back to ontario for 2 days of work!

I always hope the forest burns like the summer of 2003, I.E. the forest. Losing your home to a forest fire would suck, what do you expect when you build amongst the forest. Forest fires are a natural process and I like to feed myself from them. BURN BABY BURN. KA #### CHINGGGGGGGGG.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Boy there are certainly a few that are getting a little touchy over harmless comments. To be quite certain none of us want to see anyone burnt out of house and home, but if someone is going to make a buck as a result of fires it might as well be me. Just got back from Quebec and looking for some action a little closer to home! Let'er buck!! :up:

Cheers all! keep er safe