Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gyronimo Flight Pad

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Saifan Pilot said:

Would you care to elaborate?

Can’t be so bad as numerous companies use it.

Flight Duty XLS was definitely a pain to use and very clunky and didn’t support Macs.

Cirro lost a lot of customers a couple years back when they kept making major changes to the software and not telling their clients it was happening and screwed up a lot of internal leg work. Lots of problems with their W&B matrices as well (as in a limited number of aircraft configurations).

Maybe they've fixed it by now, but it cost them quite a few heli operators in that one year. 

2 hours ago, simpleton said:

Cirro lost a lot of customers a couple years back when they kept making major changes to the software and not telling their clients it was happening and screwed up a lot of internal leg work. Lots of problems with their W&B matrices as well (as in a limited number of aircraft configurations).

Maybe they've fixed it by now, but it cost them quite a few heli operators in that one year. 

Never got into the Cirro W&B or scheduling but the VFR sectional moving map worked pretty good as back up to the 496, even in the Arctic. User waypoints were cumbersome and it did occasionally need a reboot. Most of the pilots in the company hated it.

To answer the original question, I don't have gyronimo but a lot of our heliski pilots use it. I think they like it because it's got solid w&b and also does HOGE & WAT performance calculations. I believe its drawback is either it doesn't allow for custom stations, or multiple different configs. Or possibly these could be done at great additional cost. 

Vs iBal that allows custom stations, but individual a/c models are expensive, and there not performance component. 

Also I used Cirro at a previous operator and while I didn't mind it, especially the flight following and TDG, I can confirm there was a lot of back end difficulties especially with the W&B section. A lot of guys didn't like the flight planning either. 

• 4 weeks later...