Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chopper Crash Terrace, Bc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awfully sorry to hear about Phil, an accident of any kind even if he is your worst enemy is crappy. Hope he recovers soon. I would like however to point out that Phil has alot of piston time and the hours from last summer when I bumped into him at lake else was about 2500-3000 if my memory servs correct. Recently as well Tom B a close collaborator with Phil bought the farm last year in a truck accident. ( strange or just coincidence)

The 500 , geat for getting into tight spots, and kind of sporty to fly, or so I though until I involuntarily launched a blade in Quebec in 1993, while dropping a line. I refuse to fly the 500, good maint or bad.

Godsspeed Phil.

Not a pleasant thing to wake up to in the morning.  I have just registered to post here.  Phil is a good friend and former colleague so as I'm sure you can appreciate I'm keen to find out any info I can regarding his condition. If anybody can email me with anything helpfull especially the contact details of the hospital he is in I would be very thankfull.

Blizzard- Phil has well over 6000 hours in helicopters so I wouldn't be inclined to think that a lack of experience is a factor here.

Is anyone able to provide me with the names and contact details of the two guys who pulled Phil from the helicopter? Phil's mum, fiance and eldest brother (my husband) arrived there this morning (Aust. time), and I know they would like to make contact with these guys to say thanks.

Phil's condition remains critical but he is stable at present.

Thanks for the support and good wishes.

Is anyone able to provide me with the names and contact details of the two guys who pulled Phil from the helicopter? Phil's mum, fiance and eldest brother (my husband) arrived there this morning (Aust. time), and I know they would like to make contact with these guys to say thanks.

Phil's condition remains critical but he is stable at present.

Thanks for the support and good wishes.

Please post your email and I will send the info.

Best regards

Guest Angry Egg Driver
Recently as well Tom B a close collaborator with Phil bought the farm last year in a truck accident. ( strange or just coincidence)

Well Bladethrow you should get your facts straight,Tom passed away in the spring of this year,he never really bought the farm.And what is the strange or just coincidence comment supposed to mean,i'm curious?I know several of the people that were in that accident very well.You may want to reserve your comments when dealing with peoples deaths. :down:

Well Bladethrow you should get your facts straight,Tom passed away in the spring of this year,he never really bought the farm.And what is the strange or just coincidence comment supposed to mean,i'm curious?I know several of the people that were in that accident very well.You may want to reserve your comments when dealing with peoples deaths. :down:

I think that he was quoting as to how bizzare it is and sometimes coincidental, that how people that all know, leave the present. These incidents have all happened within the last year and we all knew them because they were helicopter pilots. As for "buying the farm", this is reserved for all pilots. <_<