AW139 IFR NVG HEMS Salary?!?

Yes, you're missing the pension and benefits, helmet allowance, full uniform paid for, shoe and boot allowance.  Pretty good schedule and home nearly every shift(moosonee has rotations 2 on/2off).  12hr shifts 7 to 7, days/nights with some overtime available.  Schedules are done up every year with vacation being picked at the beginning of the year.  You might work 190 days a year for the salary.  

It's a stable job with good equipment and training.  It is a 705 operation and is pretty cushy.

"terrible" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heliian said:

Yes, you're missing the pension and benefits, helmet allowance, full uniform paid for, shoe and boot allowance.  Pretty good schedule and home nearly every shift(moosonee has rotations 2 on/2off).  12hr shifts 7 to 7, days/nights with some overtime available.  Schedules are done up every year with vacation being picked at the beginning of the year.  You might work 190 days a year for the salary.  

It's a stable job with good equipment and training.  It is a 705 operation and is pretty cushy.

"terrible" 

Still relatively low given you’re on call half the year, you didn’t mention that part.   No stipend as far as I know for that, not something I’d do personally.

14 hours ago, Baillie said:

If you see a job paying even half that for winery tours let me know!

My dad was paid more flying in the 80s than most jobs pay now. Pretty sad 

You are correct…. The rates per type have DECREASED in the last 40 years while the DOC has increased exponentially.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CM119 said:

you’re on call half the year,

No you are not, it might be 3 days one month and none the next.   

On call consists of small windows(2hrs) to see if the shift is filled or not.  

It is all scheduled and structured for a 247 365 operation, they don't have the feast/famine cycle.  

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:47 PM, Heliian said:

No you are not, it might be 3 days one month and none the next.   

On call consists of small windows(2hrs) to see if the shift is filled or not.  

It is all scheduled and structured for a 247 365 operation, they don't have the feast/famine cycle.  

Sounds like you must work there?  Maybe I’m not understanding what people that actually work there do.  It’s a different gig that’s for sure.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:26 AM, Heliian said:

"terrible" 

That’s all fair enough, it all adds up. But I’m not comparing this ad to other ads that are just straight salary. That second job I posted was working for the government. That job has all the same perks you mentioned. Plus Australian government gives 6 weeks vacation a year.

At the end of the day most HEMS jobs are going to have all those same benefits, only difference is in Canada you’re getting less than half the pay as other parts of the world.

I have looked at a lot of ads for AW139 HEMS and It just seems crazy that essentially the exact same job can pay anywhere from 70,000 to 200,000 depending on where you are working.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CM119 said:

It’s a different gig that’s for sure.

At then end of the day it's just like any job.  Everyone would like to see pay improvements and management can be a pain. 

Ornge needs skilled aircrew as much as the next company.  It's not the highest paying job out there but some people prefer the stability.  We have a very dedicated crew but with retirements, leaves and people rejoining the military it is leaving a need to be restocked with new talent.

If anyone needs a job, let them know.