Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

AW139 IFR NVG HEMS Salary?!?

24 minutes ago, Heliian said:

At then end of the day it's just like any job.  Everyone would like to see pay improvements and management can be a pain. 

Ornge needs skilled aircrew as much as the next company.  It's not the highest paying job out there but some people prefer the stability.  We have a very dedicated crew but with retirements, leaves and people rejoining the military it is leaving a need to be restocked with new talent.

If anyone needs a job, let them know.  

So you’re a captain there?

12 hours ago, RaukDemus said:

That’s all fair enough, it all adds up. But I’m not comparing this ad to other ads that are just straight salary. That second job I posted was working for the government. That job has all the same perks you mentioned. Plus Australian government gives 6 weeks vacation a year.

At the end of the day most HEMS jobs are going to have all those same benefits, only difference is in Canada you’re getting less than half the pay as other parts of the world.

I have looked at a lot of ads for AW139 HEMS and It just seems crazy that essentially the exact same job can pay anywhere from 70,000 to 200,000 depending on where you are working.

Canada's open door policies in the past is very likely the reason for that low pay. Plenty of companies I went hunting for jobs 5 years ago where flush with your countrymen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 11:26 AM, Heliian said:

Yes, you're missing the pension and benefits, helmet allowance, full uniform paid for, shoe and boot allowance.  Pretty good schedule and home nearly every shift(moosonee has rotations 2 on/2off).  12hr shifts 7 to 7, days/nights with some overtime available.  Schedules are done up every year with vacation being picked at the beginning of the year.  You might work 190 days a year for the salary.  

It's a stable job with good equipment and training.  It is a 705 operation and is pretty cushy.

"terrible" 

They are a 705 “Airline” operation?  
That doesn’t seem correct under the CARs.

Last time I looked at their AOC, I’m pretty sure they were a 702/703 operation like the most of us..

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Freewheel said:

They are a 705 “Airline” operation?  
That doesn’t seem correct under the CARs.

Last time I looked at their AOC, I’m pretty sure they were a 702/703 operation like the most of us..

Not that it is critically important to this discussion, but they are 702/704.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/CAS-SAC/olsrler.aspx?id=175-59&GoCTemplateCulture=en-CA&n=&rid=O&rtxt=ONTARIO&pid=&ptxt=&cid=10&ctxt=CANADA&carid=&cartxt=&atid=20649&attxt=AGUSTA+AW139+UNDESIGNATED+SERIES+(A139)&stid=&sttxt=&ctid=&cttxt=

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Cirrus said:

Lol. So never?

Its been 704 since they were incorporated.

Lo.My mistake.

Like I said, “I’m pretty sure”…meaning not 100%. It’s been a while.

They certainly aren’t an Airline Operation. I knew that for certain. Didn’t need to look at the AOC to realize that.

On 4/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, Baillie said:

From the last CBA. FYI on captain salary at Ornge

ORNGE.jpg

Ornge discloses actual pilot pay on their website for any pilot making more than 100k. 

I'm surprised none of the detectives or industry experts on this forum have dug that up yet.

• Haha 3