Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2month- Training

Cole

Yes I do, read every last one for the area yesterday and that one was not there, I guess that means I was ok for my one touch and go arriving and departign on the west side, Hmm who woulda thunk it.

thanks for the heads up though, its appriciated.

Cole B)

Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record Cole, but aim for at least 4 months. Three months in the summer might be possible, but would cut out a lot of much needed book time. I can totally relate to wanting to do whatever I could to reduce the costs of getting the licence, but be carefull you don't sacrifice your education in the process.

After planning to dish out $40K or more, living expenses for an extra month or more are pennies in a pond. Just relax, try not to think about the money and enjoy it. It's heaven and **** all rolled into one! :up:

Yes it's possible to do it in less then 3 or 4 months........I did it in exactly 60 days. Previous flying experience was zero, no fixed wing, nothing.

I took an entire week off flying to study for the written about the 5th week or so, did the flight test at the end of the 7th week I think the 75 hours mark (or what ever the minimum was I cant remember for sure). Did a night rating, 13 hours of sling/long line practice and did a short 7 hour mountain Intro...all within the 100 hr/60 day time period.

However.....I called the flight school 6 months before I started training, obtained all the books and studied hard for the 6 months prior to school. I pretty much had all the ground school figured out before school started....the classroom time was then perfect for cleaning up the issues I was confused with... This was a HUGE benefit when it came to training flights cause my brain was relativly uncluttered.

You could see it in the other guys.....3 or 4 hours of ground school in the morning, then flying in the afternoon....brain was full before lunch time...how can you concentrate on flying. Makes it tough thats for sure.

It helps if you are aware of what your learning style is and if you are good at learning period....its a skill all of its own in a way. Some people learn by reading about things...forming an image in their mind, some by watching and copying the movements, some cant perform a physical task till they understand the mechanics behind the maneouver etc....

A good instructor will taylor his teaching style to suit your learning style. I was fortunate to have 2 excellent instructors that allowed me to dictate the teaching style and pace of the lessons.

Rambling now......but in short...yes it can be done in less time than average!

DMNH

The ticket can be had in two monthes or so...3 is more likely with any snags that might come up...in you, the a/c, or even transport being available for a ride...if you wanted to do it in the spring for example...

While it can be done, there are a number of things which have to be in your favour....a flexible ground school course, a flight school not short on a/c, and you need to be a good learner both in the a/c and in the classroom, as others have alluded to in previous posts....

the students that do the course a little faster are the ones pushing to fly when the a/c sits idle (by no means flying 8's), using their time wisely to study, in fact the one student i have encountered to do it in that short a period of time was very motivated, very good hands, and very intelligent....and i would fly with him at the drop of a hat....excellent pilot for his experience level....

so while it can be done, dont be worried if it isnt going on the schedule you had hoped/planned...not everyone can learn at the same rate....as others have said enjoy it, whether it takes 2 monthes or 6

good luck

Got it- aiming for 3 prepared for 4 hows that?

As for... the very knowledgable pilot at eclipse knew the law from the AIP and then looked it up... found out it was 5 miles around and 3000' above

Still not 100% sure of where I might go for school.

Cole B)