Trying To Get To Canada

just1more

Guest Bullet Remington

TKH:

You are, as Skidz stated, Generalizing. That would be comparable to me stating that I'd never fly and/or work with any engineer/pilot under 5' !!. Everybody knows that vertically cahllenged pilots and engineers are less proficient than tall pilots and engineers.

I spent 22 Years == in the Canadian military maintaining helicopters and planks. When I joined I had a "B" License. Got my "A" license 8 years later.

I HAD to take ATAT (Air Trades Advancement Training for 5 years, attending lectures and hands-on traing as well. Each specific aircraft course average at leat 2 months or longer, and was much more indepth that any civilian course I've taken.

And I have maintained several aircraft types as the onlt Tech. on site.

I have absolutely no hesitation in working with any of the ex mil people. (well, OK drivers, maybe..)

Like any other gaggle cluster of people, whether civie or military, one will evetually run into and / or have to work with st lest one individual that will make you shake your head and wonder what planet they are from.

I've had to do this on a couple of ocassions.Such is life,

I would not, however, continue to portray in such a generalized manner. Ifya never been there, just what are you're qualification to make such a directly insultuos statement??

As you have stated ####,"military work as a team continuously, but the civilian operations require more solitary work ethics and thought process', something that just doesn't come to you unless you've been exposed to it."

Sure it is easy to grease a rotor head or change oil, just not easy getting an ex-military modivated to do any task other then drink coffee and talk about the old days doing canadian hard core peace keeping.

Prime example of Military maitenance, look at the sea-kings compared to a logging 61 that Hayes or coulson operaters. Funny how one helicopter on the civilian side of things can continue to operate with its nuts getting ripped out of it every turn. That sea-king that crashed a few years back on the ship in the maritimes, IGV's where not set up. properly. The pilot went to pull power and the engine stalled, to bad all the attitudes follow in to the civilian side. I know everything because I am ex-military.

Bottom line, any ex-military want to be aircraft mechanic who wants to start into the civilian side of things should start from scratch.

I've seen some of what you're talking about with the ex-military guys, although to be fair i've also seen it from strictly civilian AME's. And I think I know exactly who you are talking about with the 25 hr at lunchtime in Quebec. I worked with the guy and have seen what he does and doesn't do and heard all his so-called war stories.