Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

If you could leave the Aviation industry what would you miss?

The camaraderie of fellow aircrew.

The sound of a Bell Medium on a cold winter day Heli-skiing.

The gentle kiss of the landing gear on a steel deck when the A/C settles without any collective input.

Taking off, fully loaded, on a 40'+ day and finessing everything just right, so as to not drag the skids once.

Night Rig Landings.

The smell and looks of a well used cockpit.

The awe and wide eyed amazement of a first time passenger.

Many others too long to list.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 412driver said:

I miss when your camp room was well equipped... LOL

IMG_2934.jpeg

Is that a green white and yellow bag?

That is either a collector's idea.... or the reason for all the other equipment in the picture. 

Lol.

I have the bags as well somewhere in the store room.

The last day I worked for N.M.H. I gave my winter jacket to a dancer in PG. She wore it everywhere so I was told.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pool pilot said:

Is that a green white and yellow bag?

That is either a collector's idea.... or the reason for all the other equipment in the picture. 

Lol.

I have the bags as well somewhere in the store room.

The last day I worked for N.M.H. I gave my winter jacket to a dancer in PG. She wore it everywhere so I was told.

Yup...NMH bags... I think I remember your jacket too!!! LOL Noticed your location. We may have to meet at the Highwayman for a beer...

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 9:42 PM, freck said:

I'd miss the flying and the good people that aren't so full of themselves. Other than that I can honestly say that I could leave this quite easily. More Cons than pros to be fair.

Sad but true, wasn’t always that way in Canada.  It’s a sad state of  affairs, and has been for more than ten years as someone else said 

• Like 1