Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wet year...

7 hours ago, Red-Rider said:

BC and Berta can be best described as soggy right now, haven't heard anything but rumors about the east so im not going to say anything there. Nothing to do but see what tomorrow brings.

Soggy.... that is an understatement..... but.... if a fire does get going it will  be hard and dangerous to get the water out of these fast moving rivers.

So you low timers make sure you can get into a back eddy or just go to a lake. Fast moving water and a water bucket are NOT a good combination. And even less friendly with no long line. 

Be careful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Pool pilot said:

Soggy.... that is an understatement..... but.... if a fire does get going it will  be hard and dangerous to get the water out of these fast moving rivers.

So you low timers make sure you can get into a back eddy or just go to a lake. Fast moving water and a water bucket are NOT a good combination. And even less friendly with no long line. 

Be careful. 

Send the HELCO!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Zazu said:

Send the HELCO!

I was thinking of the low time guys that may be on IA. Long before an helco shows up.

But I like the way you think a Helco would actually make a decision before a town is gone. Burn up a few towns and get an open cheque for a new budget. But this is another story. For now let's keep the lower time people aware of the dangers of fast moving water while using a bucket. 

So if you have a low timer on the crew point this out to them and give them some of your knowledge. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Pool pilot said:

Be careful. 

Wise words... 

On 6/12/2022 at 1:31 PM, 412driver said:

Maybe I should have started with: "for the guys ON fires"... 🙄

Yes seems like people are itching for confrontation on this site. Nothing much going on in Eastern Ontario but that is normal. East of Ontario cold and wet. I find that if you get past May 24 in Ontario with no fires that it will be a slow year. To those with the great contracts you might want to salt some of that revenue away, I predict some lean years ahead.  

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 6:49 PM, Icewind said:

Crystal ball gazers are foretelling a late fire season going into a long fall . . . . .

That would be good, looks like monsoon season is starting in Alberta / Saskatchewan .  Lots of water needs to go before then.  Ten day forecast calling for rain in most of alberta Saskatchewan, it’s now heading into late June.  

• Like 1