Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

False promises you got as a carrot.

20 minutes ago, 2007 said:

Kinda like listening to a couple old ladies complain about how hard done by they are.  If getting a 212 endorsement is your trophy on the wall then maybe you should look at a different career. 

#### happens - get over it.

Most owners/managers that I know will do everything in their power to retain and keep good people.

Na just sharing experience.  This crap happens lots, been doing this a very long time, it’s just a cultural thing in Canada 

• Like 1

The company was closing the base I was the base engineer at.

The dangling carrot was the offer to transfer to numerous bases within the company roster.

The southern BC bases were listed as were some northern shitholes. I knew the BC bases would be in high demand so I wasted no time in offering my interest.

I told them I wanted x base in BC. Nope taken.

what about y base? Nope taken as well.

How about z base? Nope just offered that to so and so. 

So what you're telling me is that #### hole A, B and C are the only ones available? Yep.

K, gotcha.

went and polished up the CV and moved on after that.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, 2007 said:

Kinda like listening to a couple old ladies complain about how hard done by they are.  If getting a 212 endorsement is your trophy on the wall then maybe you should look at a different career. 

#### happens - get over it.

Most owners/managers that I know will do everything in their power to retain and keep good people.

The whole idea I had when I started this thread was to let the low time people that we all had some hard times and I am sure some of them have been promised things that have not come true.

The 212 is not the trophy of my career. That would be all the medi-vacs where I saved people's lives. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pool pilot said:

The whole idea I had when I started this thread was to let the low time people that we all had some hard times and I am sure some of them have been promised things that have not come true.

The 212 is not the trophy of my career. That would be all the medi-vacs where I saved people's lives. 

I don’t see any complaints, just some hard knocks that are all too familiar to most of us. 

22 minutes ago, GrayHorizons said:

The company was closing the base I was the base engineer at.

The dangling carrot was the offer to transfer to numerous bases within the company roster.

The southern BC bases were listed as were some northern shitholes. I knew the BC bases would be in high demand so I wasted no time in offering my interest.

I told them I wanted x base in BC. Nope taken.

what about y base? Nope taken as well.

How about z base? Nope just offered that to so and so. 

So what you're telling me is that #### hole A, B and C are the only ones available? Yep.

K, gotcha.

went and polished up the CV and moved on after that.

So essentially constructive but not constructive dismissal lol

I could give you a list of some of these shady ops managers that have the fishing pole with the carrot on it hanging on their office walls but I think we have all been thru the same s##T...they are spread far and wide across this business. The best line I heard when I told this one BC ops guy to go f66k himself was...your going to regret  walking away from this carrot...NOT!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DGP said:

I could give you a list of some of these shady ops managers that have the fishing pole with the carrot on it hanging on their office walls but I think we have all been thru the same s##T...they are spread far and wide across this business. The best line I heard when I told this one BC ops guy to go f66k himself was...your going to regret  walking away from this carrot...NOT!

Ya that mentality still lives on.  We’ve all taken a bite of a #### sandwich that was subbed in for our dangled carrots.  Well I have about as much appetite for carrots as I do the sandwich these days lol

16 minutes ago, CM119 said:

Ya that mentality still lives on.  We’ve all taken a bite of a #### sandwich that was subbed in for our dangled carrots.  Well I have about as much appetite for carrots as I do the sandwich these days lol

Funny thing is I don't even serve carrots in my house since I started this career. 

LOL

• Haha 2