Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

False promises you got as a carrot.

29 minutes ago, N1 said:

If you are offended by profanity, this clip may not be for you. This is in a slightly different context, but is how the carrot technique is taught in business school, or learned from others and adapted by whoever is running the business or operation in question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VReU7EgfPLc&ab_channel=BBCComedyGreats

That was great lol

• Like 1

One of the low timer private pilots here... When I was signing up for my training, the flight school told me they would rent me a machine by the hour after I was done. Well, when I finished, that was no longer on the table. There are no other machines or flight schools in my area to rent from.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rotorfun said:

One of the low timer private pilots here... When I was signing up for my training, the flight school told me they would rent me a machine by the hour after I was done. Well, when I finished, that was no longer on the table. There are no other machines or flight schools in my area to rent from.

Classic carrot dangling 

• 7 months later...

In regards to training bonds I always thought they should be assessed on a case by case bases. Some years back I had been working for a company flying as350/206/407/212 (I brought my own endorsements to the table). After year three of employment they asked me to fly their 205's I agreed, gave me an hour or so training and presented me with a 2 yr training bond to sign when I landed (to be paid back at full revenue rates if I quit). I told the CP I wasn't signing anything and had already proven myself to be a good reliable employee. They insisted and I responded, "I guess I'm not flying 205".

I stayed with the company and continued to fly mostly 212s, it proved quite a foolish decision on their behalf one summer when they were paying me to babysit a 212 with no work and the phone started ringing for the 205 at my base with no company 205 drivers within 5000 kms.

They lost out on a lot of money that week,  all over their no tolerance training bond policy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, Pool pilot said:

The whole idea I had when I started this thread was to let the low time people that we all had some hard times and I am sure some of them have been promised things that have not come true.

The 212 is not the trophy of my career. That would be all the medi-vacs where I saved people's lives. 

Cheers to that Pool Pilot. I left the bush about 10 years ago to fly HEMS full time. My family and I haven’t looked back. Tight schedule, overtime pay, home every night, the list goes on and on. More importantly…..saving lives one mission at a time!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1