ems pilot

You’ll have to be a bit more specific. Some aircraft have a “cold weather operations” supplement. Others will have limitations based on the fluids in the aircraft. What aircraft are you operating?

Most are -40° though there are some that are only -25°. 

I moved a drill a few years ago and it was -38. Every time I looked outside, I could see white plumes of smoke coming from my exhaust. Even though I know what it’s from and that everything was fine, I couldn’t help but keep an eye on that oil pressure gauge and check the level when I fuelled up. 

I think I may have told this story before but I was going into a tower site in March in Manitoba and as I was come into a high hover smoke from the engine was so bad that I could hardly see out the windows and then the rear seat passenger on my side open his door and jumped out as he later told me he thought the ship was on fire...I had a seal blow out in the turbine. When I opened the cap on the oil tank...it was almost empty. I also had questions to ask the passenger about where he got the brilliant idea about jumping out of the ship!!!Temps were around -40!!!