Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

List Of Tools Required For First Job

Puddle Jumper

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twotter says it all, if you have to borrow it more than once, consider buying it. As for the Makita, look for a 9.6 volt, they are getting hard to find but it has all the torque you need and is still small and light. If you travel to the field, don't buy a butane soldering iron, NOT allowed in checked baggage as it is dangerous goods. (Unless you want to buy a new unused one every time) On helicopters, I never use 3/8 drive. Never had the need, I have a few 1/2 drive sockets that work for me. Snap-on 4 way off-set wrench's are a must. Start with 9/16 to 5/8's then add the rest. Blue-Point ADP slip joint wrenches are also well used, cost 100bucks but well worth it.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

OK Klipper, personal challenge time....you with a leatherman, me with my bush box of confusing tools. we'll enlist the help of some other inexperienced forum member for this.

they will randomely pick a component on a helicopter of their choice and we will at the sound of BulletRemington opening a can of beer start the challenge at removing and re-installing the component. For fairness I will do it with a wedgie to slow me down a bit and add an element of discomfort.

Loser buys a round. winner gets bragging rights.